• 06 ~ Except It's All Empty •

Credit: https://twitter.com/purigaocha10/status/1395393912529846274?s=12

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Y/n strolled around Mondstadt, trying to look for the Plaza. They had no hurry, so they took in the view of every corner of the city. The fact that the Fatui were also present in Mondstadt... Who would've thought?

I should probably try to know more about this world...

Maybe there was a library here that they could hit up later, but that would only be once they were done enjoying the festival.

After a while, Y/n found themself near a big statue of what seemed to be an angel. They assumed this place was the Plaza since a lot of people had gathered here.

A sense of nervousness took over Y/n. They didn't plan on how they'd get involved in the activities. Just going up to them and making conversation wasn't something they'd be good at. They might even make things awkward.

"Hey! Let's climb the Barbatos statue and scatter dandelion seeds!" Y/n heard a couple children talking.

"Won't that be too dangerous, though?" A small girl quarreled.

A boy frowned. "But we're doing this for everyone! It has to be something big!" He stretched his hands out as far as possible to further explain his definition of 'big'.

"Nora's right, though. We need to be careful." Another girl spoke up.

"Hm.." She looked around, then a smile formed on her face. "Hey look! It's big brother Bennett!"

The children turned around to look at a blonde boy talking to some other people. They all ran up to him to say hello.

Bennett beamed at the sight of them, and bent down to talk to them. "Hello, my little adventurers! How's the Windblume festival going?"

"Amazing!" They all cheered.

"Hey, big bro, we wanted to climb to the top of the Statue to scatter dandelion seeds! Can you help us?"

He sweatdropped. "I'd love to, but I'm afraid with my luck it'll be hard not to mess things up. Besides, I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"We don't believe in such things, right guys?" They all nodded to each other.

Y/n was observing the whole interaction from afar. Bennett tried to make them understand... something about his bad luck.

"We'll prove it to you!" Nora said, getting frustrated. Then she turned to Y/n, who was the nearest to her.

"Excuse me! Do you believe in bad luck?"

"Huh?" Y/n blinked. "I don't think so."

"See?" The children looked back at Bennett, who was near giving up.

Y/n hesitated. "Umm.. if there's anyway I could help..."

The children turned excitedly to Y/n. "You will?"