• 15 ~ Incomplete Memories •

Credit: https://twitter.com/Sora_402/status/1378644085850836995

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Venti POV]

He put his feet on the solid snow, one after another. It had been a long time since he showed his face in Dragonspine, but this was where the spirit lay. He knew because it had been calling for him ever since it entered Mondstadt.

... And it was still calling now.

He firmly gripped the body in his hands. Surely enough, he could see what led Y/n to get hurt like this.

Splotches of blood formed a contrast with the snow. There were some dead creatures too, but it looked like most of them had been dragged towards a certain direction, the heart.

Alright... He sweatdropped. What went down here?

Not that it was his problem to begin with. Mondstadt relied on its people to solve most of its issues, so this would be no different.

Besides, the snow has already covered up most of the devastation. He mentally chuckled.

Still, would it be called 'freedom' to resurrect Y/n? Or was it better to let them rest in peace? He'd usually say the latter. That's how it went down with most of the people he knew and lost anyway.

But this time was different. This time, he knew the soul couldn't rest in peace.

Why, though? Why did it want to live so bad? And why didn't it accomplish its goal the first time it was resurrected?

He could ignore its cries. He still had the chance to. That was what the other Archons would've done anyway. But for him, the only thing he felt concerned about was that it would have to deal with the pain of dying a third time.

What did dying feel like, anyway? Maybe it wasn't the point of severe pain, but the point where the pain stopped. Not the peak of agony, but the sudden end of it.

For all he knew, death could be a pleasure for those who experienced it.

Ah. We're here.

He could sense the spirit's cries getting closer. It was mixed with the haunting cries of Durin. He sighed. It felt just like that one fated day.

Brushing the thoughts away, he pulled out his wooden lyre, and began to play a song. The silence of Dragonspine was immediately filled with the soothing music. The critters that were still alive paused to listen.

Among them appeared the one he was looking for.

The spirit anxiously flew towards him. It didn't look far from a seelie, but was still distinguishable.

It tilted its head to Venti's music, slowly calming down, probably wondering why he was here. As it did, Venti grew increasingly aware of himself. Was this really right? Was he causing more harm than good by doing this?

What did he owe this land? What was the thing that he ought to do right now?

Mondstadt was the city of freedom, and he was it's Archon. Would it be so bad if he abused his own freedom a little?