• 47 ~ Let Me Be By Your Side •

Credit: https://twitter.com/seerhz/status/1573537501750661120?s=20

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Scaramouche POV]

"How interesting. The purple aura of the ktisis still hasn't disappeared." Scaramouche murmured, handling the delicate glass container which was the ktisis.

Ever since he harnessed the power of Orobashi, the one who held wrath against the Electro Archon, or would have if he was still alive, he could not pause to think of the next step in this 'mastermind plan' of his.

Too preoccupied with Y/n's predicament, one could say. But now things were finally settling down, and Scaramouche was quite pleased with this outcome.

"Hey, Aless has learned to walk now!" Y/n spoke excitedly from the other side of the room. The little Aless climbed onto their shoulder and sat there.

"Why are you being so impressed?" Scaramouche replied uninterestingly. "It's an agile doll that can already walk, run and do all sorts of other things. It's just grabbing your attention."

"Hey! That is not true! I did not see Aless walk before this!" Y/n said, completely sure of themself. Unbeknownst to them, Aless and Scaramouche had sparks flying between them both.

"Forget it." Scaramouche stood up from his chair. "We have finally completed our backlog of tasks."

"Ah, finally! Any more and I would've torn those reports to pieces!"

He sweatdropped. "You haven't even touched those since you got Aless back."

"Oh, right." Y/n giggled, holding Aless close to their cheek. "I guess I've been too preoccupied with being a teacher."

An irritable sigh came back in reply. "Whatever. I suggest you tone down that happiness, because we'll be packing our bags to travel again."

"Oh?" Y/n's eyes lit up. "Where to?"

Scaramouche hummed. "I've been thinking about that, and I reckon it's best to travel to... Liyue."

"Liyue??" Y/n beamed. "I've been there. Oh, and remember I told you about a friend I made there-?"

"I know, I know. That Funeral Parlor Director." Scaramouche rolled his eyes. "Her business has been advertised in Inazuma, so stop licking her boots already."

"Oh, thanks." Y/n paused. "But I wasn't licking her... boots?"

"You are. Or rather, you keep looking back at the people you meet too fondly." Scaramouche massaged his forehead. "Forget it. It's no use explaining to you anyway."

Silence followed because Y/n didn't know what to reply. They still decided to speak. "So... we're going to Liyue right now?"

"Not yet." Scaramouche fell in thought. "We still have to locate a suitable energy to harness."

"Oh, like the heart in Dragonspine or Orobashi in Inazuma?"

"Something similar to that, yes." He hummed. "There's one diety that comes to mind, but we're going to have to dig out some information, specifically from a particular harbinger."