• 35 ~ Who Can Deceive You •

Credit: https://twitter.com/hatika00/status/1421522921961365509?s=09

• • • • •

A/n: This is a republished chapter, so old readers might see their votes and comments already cast.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

"Y/n! It's been a while!" Yoimiya excitedly greeted Y/n, opening the door wide for them to enter. "Come in! Come in!"

"Hi.." Y/n smiled at her, removing their footwear to step inside the house.

Y/n had come here to meet Katheryne and explain their absence for the past few weeks. Maybe in the future they'd just have to break away from the Adventurer's Guild, though Y/n avoided thinking about it.

But while they were in the middle of doing that, they thought 'Why not visit Yoimiya?', and now they found themself inside her house.

Mr. Naganohara was calmly sitting in the corner of the room reading. Beside him was a small sleeping figure who Y/n had never seen before.

"Who..?" Y/n began to question.

"Ah! This is Sayu, the sleepyhead." Yoimiya half-whispered to Y/n. "No really! She's always either dozing off, or looking for a place to do so. Apparently she thinks it'll help her grow taller.

"She's a member of the Shuumatsuban, so shrine maidens are always on the hunt for her." She playfully rolled her eyes and continued speaking. "Pops, on the other hand, loves to bring her in when she needs a place to relax. She's really grown on him now.

"Let's be quiet, though. We don't want her waking up."

"Oh.. okay..." Y/n sat down next to the central table and took a tiny glance at Sayu.

She seemed to be wearing an outfit that resembled an animal. It was cute, but Y/n knew from past experience that calling her that might end up in the worse for them.

"I can still hear you whispering, you know..." Sayu said, staring at Yoimiya with one eye.

"Ah! We're sorry for waking you up.." Yoimiya scratched her head awkwardly.

"It's fine..." Sayu closed her eyes. "I'll just doze off again..." Within a few minutes, she was asleep.

Yoimiya sighed and sat opposite to Y/n to make better conversation. "Alright, then.

She turned to Y/n. "I'm sorry if I'm not able to treat you to anything. We weren't expecting guests at this hour, and with the summer festival coming..." She laughed nervously.

"Oh, don't worry about it." Y/n smiled.

"Mm.." She replied, thinking of something else to talk about. "So how're you faring so far? Did the fake vision-making keep you entertained?"

"Oh, they did plenty to keep me busy." Y/n chuckled, sweatdropping. "Thank you for your help again."

"It's no biggie!" She grinned. "By the way, how's the person you came here looking for? Can I meet them anytime soon?"

"Eh? You want to... meet..?"

"Of course! I love getting to know new people!"

"Could you keep it down a little...?" They both heard Sayu complain.