• 38 ~ Keep Me Captivated •

Credit: https://twitter.com/xiaojiaju/status/1553681242876674048?s=21&t=i87zp80Bdz3s_VSFbpvoHw

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Today Y/n had a day off.

Or rather, that was what they wanted to believe.

Scaramouche had told them not to infiltrate the Resistance anymore. He said it was pointless since the Fatui's plans had already been foiled.

It did not curb Y/n's nervousness, though. The battle was today and they did not want the Resistance to get stood up by them. Not after so much training for it, no.

Before then, though, they had to stay at the hideout for vigilance's sake.

After the morning hours had passed, Y/n started feeling confined. Usually they'd be doing daily warm-ups with their platoon at this hour, but today they were still holed up in their room.

Y/n was hoping their day off would also mean Aless' day off. Unfortunately Scaramouche occupied him with other tasks, and then went to deal with his own affairs.

Ultimately, Y/n was left with silence to keep them company.

Ah. I feel neglected.

Though being alone and unoccupied meant Y/n had time to think about their current predicament, specifically what would be made of them in the future.

Scaramouche said that he would help them outlive the curse. If he were to succeed, what then? Would he take Y/n back with him to Zapolyarny Palace?

Y/n sweatdropped. That didn't seem like the best of ideas, since they were pretty sure the Tsaritsa wouldn't like the sight of them alive and well. Worse, Scaramouche may have to shoulder part of her wrath.

Y/n shivered. They did not want to face her again, let alone cause trouble for Scaramouche.

Does that mean I'll have to leave Scaramouche again?

A knock on Y/n's window interrupted their thoughts. They peeked outside to see a red-haired figure wearing the same Fatui coat as Aless'.

Huh? Another satellite?

They exited the hideout to meet him outside. The satellite was clearly a male. It was just hard to tell from a distance since he had his hood on.

He smiled and removed his hood. "Am I in the presence of Y/n, the Sixth Harbinger's unofficial satellite?"

Unofficial satellite... Y/n groaned. It was technically true but they still weren't used to hearing it.

Mostly because there was only one other time someone called them that.

"Yes, and you are?"

"La Signora's satellite. You may call me Gius." He bowed.

"La Signora?" Y/n blinked. They knew she was here in Inazuma, but her presence had been so well-hidden from them that it felt like they were worlds apart.