• 43 ~ To Know You Again •

Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChXWITLur3-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

"Well... It looks like this is goodbye." Y/n called, looking back at Scaramouche with the smile he'd always known.

Regardless, he couldn't return something so pure, so he turned away without a reply.

This was at a landmass a few hundred meters away from Liyue Harbor. The Fatui were not fond of attracting attention to their harbingers.

The soft rays of the sun shone over Y/n as they left in a direction opposite to him. It brought out a bittersweet feeling inside of him. He immediately dismissed them.

At least this parting wasn't like last time.

At least Y/n could bid him goodbye.

At least he could see them off with no strings attached.

...

Once Y/n was gone, Scaramouche let out a deep sigh. Following right after was a glint in his eye. The sign he had made for himself had arrived.

"It's time to leave."

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

"Where is the Balladeer?" Signora clicked her fingers. It had nearly been two hours since their departure.

She hadn't bothered to question where they were leaving to. Seemed like that was a mistake on her part.

With a newfound curiosity, she deboarded the Snezhnayan ship. Not long after, she found herself face to face with a harbinger that was much too determined to turn his back against the one he had declared sovereign.

"You have decided to be a traitor, I see." She spoke to him, the aura of superiority returning back to her.

"In many ways, I'm better than you. At least I have a true allegiance. Even during my moments of near destruction, I knew who I had placed in my heart."

The Balladeer only laughed. "I see. Then you can proudly declare your loyalty to the Tsaritsa," He gave her a devious smile. "When you reach back empty-handed."

"Oh, I shall not return empty-handed, you puppet." The one standing before him was now the Crimson Witch.

"I see. So you wish to battle this out." He harnessed the power of the gnosis once again. It did not resonate with him as well as it would with an Archon, but he was meant to be its keeper. With or without a gnosis, he was stronger than this fiery witch.

"Come forth and show me your power."

The landmass shook under their fierce battle. It is said that two harbingers going against each other would destroy cities, collapse nations... unspeakable things like that.

But when Scaramouche fought against La Signora, he did not care about matters such as that. He did not know what got made of his surroundings while he forced the witch to draw her last breath.