Chapter Nine

Katherina realized she wasn't dead when she awoke. She noticed she was in a room after her eyes adjusted to the blackness. A room, not a cell.

She winced as she sat up, the stinging pain in her stomach piercing her skin. When she lifted her shirt, she discovered her entire waist was wrapped in bandages. Though a small amount of blood began to leak through, it was nothing to be concerned about.

She got out of bed gently and walked over to the room's drapes, pulling them apart to discover a gorgeous metropolis full of light and stars looking right at her.

Katherina had always thought Velaris was lovely, but seeing it, as if she were soaring above it, was even more so.

She returned to the chamber with trepidation. The large bedroom had only two doors, she noticed.

Katherina's eyes widened as she approached the nearest one, taking in the restroom.

It was pitch black.

Without microscopic fractured white lines, it was the darkest black she'd ever seen. The roof was the same, but it didn't have any white but instead had dangling balls of light that seemed to glow brighter when she stretched out to touch them.

It also came with a matching black tub that appeared to fit four people. The shower was a little smaller, but it was just as lovely.

Behind the tub, there was a fireplace, similar to the one in the bedroom. Suddenly, fire appeared the moment she aproted it. As if it knew of Katherina's presents.

Katherina walked to the small room next to the restroom. Her breath was taken away from her when she turned on the lights.

The closet appeared to be half the size of the room. The floor was dark, but the walls were transparent. Allowing her to see the city.  The clothes appeared to be floating in mid-air against the glass, with a little couch in the midst.

It also featured a little island, which Katherina discovered was brimming with jewelry when she went to investigate further. Diamonds, rubies, amethysts, emeralds, and other gemstones accompanied with a matching pair of rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc.

Walking back to the bathroom, Katherina decided to take a quick bath.

Turning on the water, she added some oils that were resting on a small table beside it. Some were labeled Lavender, Vanilla, Woody, etc.

Katherina grabbed the one that read 'Coconut' and poured some drops in the tub.

Stripping herself of the matching black shorts and shirt that someone ( A healer, probably ) changed her into.

Before she stepped into the steaming water, Katherina walked towards the mirror that hung beside the tub.

Katherina's eyes drifted down towards the bangeages and gently started to remove them. Waiting until they were removed to look at herself in the mirror.

Katherina didn't glance in the mirror until she was completely naked.

Katherina had gained the weight she had been missing while living Under the Mountain for the past four years. So, rather than looking like a walking corpse, she appeared more... Alive.

Her chest was average, and her body was hourglass shaped to match. Her blood hair had grown all the way to her waist, and her sharp cheekbones still threatened to slash.

Katherina would say she looked the most, Pretty, if she didn't have her scars.

She had four cuts around her midriff from her mother slashing her anytime she disobeyed her. Katherina had several on her sides, as well as more on her spine, where she had been whipped.