Chapter Thirty- One

The city was what Katherina always imagined Spring would look like. Except a garden of flowers everywhere; trees of fruit and bushes of vegetables grew, water fountains of flowing crystal like the river she has just swam out of glowed.

The houses painted with bright red roofs. The village reminds her of Velaris but with more color, more everything. The sky, the air, the earth, the water, it all was just more.

Dawn was like the Night and Day as one.

Mixed and blended all together to get a perfect paint.

People looked as they passed by, in which she wouldn't blame them. What kind of trouble could a High Fae drenched in water, and Illyrian and twins of Day cause? They looked like a gang of chaos.

"Crazy Bastards more like," a shadow whispered to her. She scanned the crowd until she met him, already looking at her in a dark corner of an alleyway.

Finally making an appearance? It's been a while, she thought to him. A smirk on his lips as he kept a hold of her stare. "Miss me?"

Katherina smiled softly, It's been bright these few days without you.

His gazed sharpened, "Isn't that what you wanted, light. How you loved it so much more than I."

Katherina winced at that. She did say that. Well, more so thought it.

I didn't mean it.

"It doesn't matter."

Yes, it does.

"Katherina-"

I've lived it these past few days. It's wonderful I admit, but tell me something. How can you see the stars if it's always bright?

He was silent before Katherina felt the wind tuck her hair over her ear. The movement was unnoticed by her companions as smiled at her.

She smiled back. If you give me a day- one more night. The next day I'm free. I'm yours tomorrow.

The Darkness tilted his head at her, something in his posture made her unease, she had never seen that look on him before.

"Tomorrow then," he whispered. Melting back into the walls, going back to whatever world Gods go to.

Katherina's shoulders relaxed as they ventured deeper into the City, a mental note in the back of her mind that she should come up with some story for tomorrow. She walked beside Caldor, glancing at him as he took in the Court around them.

"You okay?"

He seemed startled for a moment before seeing that It was her, "I've never gone past the borders of the Night Court before."

She gave him a perplexed look. "No, that can't be right. My Father must have sent the armies out sometime. Wasn't there a battle years ago?"

"The War against Hybern. I was too young to participate, so my squad and I were spread around the Court; A last defense if everything went down."

"Heard it was the hot topic of the century," she said. "More than after the Queen's death."

Why did she say that?

The mood suddenly turned.

Caldor glanced at her. "I wouldn't know much about her, Just the same as all the others. How she was a High General of Hybern then suddenly turned against her King to give herself a crown. Taking all the Seven High Lords powers for over fifty years."