Chapter Thirty-Six

Katherina felt her eyes grow tire every passing day.

Her throne was nothing important to taunt the Lords with. Her crown only gave them bad memories and hateful stares to her. However, one would say Katherina and Amarantha were one in the same.

But, unlike her Mother, she didn't have anyone to pinpoint her anger too.

She would not rule for another fifty years as Amarantha did. She found no pleasure in torturing nor threatening anybody when she had taken everything away from everybody. No one in this walking world had anything left to lose.

Katherina, in her moments, would visit her Father and his beloved, along with their 'inner circle'. She refused to stain her hands with more blood, so she called her monsters on them to make the others watch as they tortured them.

She rather choke on her words than have blood under her fingertips.

It was her words that carried venom. And dripped with blood.

So she had gone to the Prison, the holding cells of the most dangerous living thing in Pyrthian and made them bow.

They followed her commands, listened to her screams and did as they were told like dogs to a master. She had been so in power. Never more than a flick of her wrist or a quick look and they did as told.

For two years, Katherina had wreaked havoc. People from every court suffered and burned with her hate.

Chaos ran wildly and she laughed cruelly the whole time.

Even her own demons were scared of her.

But then the Darkness had never talked to her again after that. He hardly showed and she could care less, for she had other animals to do his deeds.

Eventually, Katherina had gotten... bored.

She had rained sky red and the Mountain shed blood. It was all such a show for her. Amusing and entertaining. She realized why her Mother loved it so much.

She was filled with so much power, so much capability of burning down this world and yet she hadn't. Yet. She knew they wondered why, but she was simply biding her time. She won't take years to form a plan and enslave the Fae to her will. She would be quick. Bring war before they could blink.

"After you have turned the world to dust, what then?" the Darkness voice echoed in her. She ignored it. He had no say to her anymore.

When the Darkness left; his empty eyes that were filled with stars and now only reflected as a creature, the monster he truly is, reflected back at her.

Her Father had grown a hatred for her, along with his family.

Their pain filled her much more than it thought it would. Why should she, a young woman who was born in hatred and lust, suffer only for existing and not them? That simply didn't seem fair. She was good. And the Mother had been cruel to her. So she will be too.

"My High Queen, they have formed a plan. How should we proceed?"

"Leave," she commanded, looking down at her messenger. "Take the rest of your pack with you and scatter the courts."

"And what of you, my Lady Queen."

Katherina felt the cold gold strapped on her rib cage and back sent a shiver down her skin. The blood moon dress flowing like curtains in a river softly and her scars dulled uglier if it was possible.

Her crowns of thorns wove perfectly around her as always.

The earth seemed to thump and tremble that she felt the mountain move. The wind seemed to howling like a wild animal and the sun shone so bright it prickled her skin.