Love Me Like You

A/N: Wow. Only 2 more updates and this series is done. It's been a fun ride. By the way, tw for gaslighting, verbal/emotional abuse, & mentions of suicide attempts. Please read with caution!

He doesn't understand.

He and Neito have spent countless years together in unwavering love and happiness. Neito gave him a home. A child. A second chance at life.

Neito had given him purpose.

For as long as he could remember, Neito had never given him a reason to doubt him or question his word—trusting in his husband to keep their family safe. He had been strict and times, of course, but it had always been for their own good. For the sake of their family. But Katsuki was more than happy to submit and obey. That's how it's always been, after all.

So why did waking up next to Neito this morning make his heart ache so terribly?

Speaking rationally, he supposes that the incident with that poor stranger at the train station yesterday evening had been enough to sow those ugly seeds of doubt in his head. He's just paranoid, he thinks to himself, and he shouldn't let the plight of others weigh so heavily on him when he's still healing from his own trauma.

Or...perhaps Neito's unsavory reaction to Katsuki mentioning that man's name is what plagues him.

He's usually quite patient with Katsuki when regaling his past—reminding him of all of the parts of himself that he'd long since forgotten due to the accident. He'd assured Katsuki that his memory would come back some day and that he'd be there to remind him every single day if he needed to—anything to make sure that Katsuki had recovered.

Last night, however, asking that one question about his past seemed to make him quite irate.

Not only that, but...it feels like he's not being completely honest.

The terse way that he'd dismissively blown off his question.

The way that his body had tensed up beneath Katsuki's fingertips the moment that stranger's name had left his mouth.

The aura that threatening aura...

It was all wrong.

And the more that Katsuki had thought about it, the more he began to realize that it had always been wrong.

He wasn't allowed to have or use a computer of any kind.

He wasn't allowed to leave the house without explicit permission from Neito—and that usually only ever happened when he needed to pick Itsuki up from school or gather more groceries for the house.

He wasn't allowed to watch television or listen to radio shows.

All that he was allowed to do was serve his family...and occasionally partake in a few puzzle books and card games if he'd gotten bored enough.

Neito had said that he simply hadn't wanted Katsuki to overstimulate and confuse himself by overindulging in things like controversial media while he was still trying to regain his grip on the world and Katsuki had been grateful that Neito had even thought so far ahead. He'd always been elated to serve this family. To cook and to clean and to nurture their son.

But Katsuki realized, in hindsight, that none of it made any sense. What was he forgetting that was so horrible that Neito didn't want him to remember?

And why did he feel more like Neito's servant than a lover?

"Where is it?"

Katsuki's gaze flickers up at Neito from where he's feeding Itsuki his breakfast, noting the incredibly irritated expression spread across his face. He's watching Katsuki expectantly, even as the smaller blonde's brows knit together in utter confusion.