How To Love

"We need to talk."

Shouto pauses halfway through a lift but quickly finishes---struggling to get the weights back onto the bar but luckily able to push through with the help of Ojirou, who agreed to help him through a new workout regimen. The tailed boy takes Shouto's hand to pull him up from the bench, patting him on his back as the half-and-half hero tries to catch his breath again. He assures him that he's okay before turning and fixing his glare on their uninvited guest.

"What the hell do you want, Sora? Make it fast and do it quick cause I don't wanna fucking look at you after what you've done."

She sits down on the piece of equipment directly across from him, legs crossed and arms folded across her chest. He doesn't miss the subtle way her skirt rides up---the way she pushes her cleavage out through her low cut shirt.

He averts his gaze with a bristling snort.

"Listen...I know things went tits up upon reuniting---"

"It was not a reunion; you tried to ruin my marriage before it even got started."

"Could you blame me? I was hurt too, you know. I mean, I honestly thought we'd be together forever. I thought we'd get married and have kids and---"

Shouto grabs her by the shoulders and it startles her, staring her dead in the eyes with the hardest expression he could muster up.

"Listen to me. What happened between us? It was toxic, it was disgusting and it was traumatic. It was rape, Sora, because I wasn't ready and I didn't want it but you all gave me no choice. I don't know what they said or did to brainwash you into thinking that anything that happened was love---or even consensual---but it wasn't even legal.

It ruined me, you understand? And if it hurt you then the best advice I have for you is to seek help because romaticizing such fucked up memories and ideology means you've obviously lost your shit."

She's stunned, at the very least. Doesn't move or talk or do anything at all, just gapes at him with those wide open eyes. Shouto releases her and stands up straight.

"I don't want to be with you. Katsuki is my future now. You have to respect that. That means to stop antagonizing and hurting him with empty threats."

She blinks owlishly at him.

"Empty...threats?"

"I know all about what you did to him. I know that you keep trying to scare him---talkin' about the league. I know that you read up on him before you started doing this shit and I know for a fact that you're full of shit." He says the last bit rather harshly and she flinches.

"What does he have that I don't?! What is it about him that made you choose him over me?!"

Shouto throws his hands up, not even caring that people are watching now.

"Sora, I don't even like women! I think it's fucking stupid I'd even have to say that when I'm fucking a man!"

"You can't just say that; you were having sex with those other girls! I know because they told me!"

"Yeah well I needed to blow off steam and those girls were fucking easy. Every time I fucked those sluts, I thought about him---wouldn't even be able to get it up if I didn't. How the fuck could I possibly be with someone and they don't even get my dick hard?!"

"Uh...dude, you want us to go?" Ojirou steps in after standing there awkwardly. Shouto and Sora both flick their gazes in his direction before they're glaring at each other again.

"No. She's leaving. I don't wanna be left or seen alone with this crazy bitch; I don't want Katsuki to get the wrong idea." Shouto snarls, turning on Sora aggressively as his anger rises. "Maybe I should just flatten you to the fuck out right now since you've got the league in your pocket, huh?"

Sora breaks into laughter and Shouto, far beyond the brink of anger, growls low in throat.

"What's so fucking funny?!"

"Nothing! It's just that you're a still so naive and I think that it's the cutest thing! You've always been a little dense, Shouto, but I thought you at least had a hint that neither of you have a choice in the matter."

Her lips curl into a smarmy grin and Shouto absolutely loses his shit.

He shoves her back onto the piece of equipment in a way that couldn't have felt nice, steaming hand closed tight around her throat as his upper body bursts into flames. Her eyes are blown wide in terror but even though her smirk wavers, it doesn't fall.

She's enjoying this. She enjoys pulling this sort of reaction from him.

It takes Ojirou, Awase, and Sato to pull him off.

"Todoroki, just let her go, man. You're supposed to be a hero, remember? Chill out, go for a walk or some shit." Awase reasons and Shouto's flame brightens just before it goes out, allowing Ojirou to show him outside.

"Shouto, what the hell was that?" He questions as soon as they're far enough away that he doesn't have to worry about Shouto running off to try and choke her out again. The dual-quirked hero vehemently shrugs him off and keeps walking before he gives into the urge to go back and punch her anyway. "Long story short, she's my ex and she's fucking obsessed with me."

"Dude, you know we could hear you, right? You were saying some pretty heavy stuff---"

"That I obviously don't wanna fuckin' get into right now, Mashirao, goddammit." He counters, pacing back and forth as he taps away at his phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Need Katsuki. Need him now or I'm gonna flip my shit---need to see my baby---"

Ojirou grabs him gently by the shoulders. "Deep breath, dude. Katsuki's on a shift tonight, remember? He can't just stop in the middle of saving people to come see you."

He's right. Shouto takes a deep inhale and breaths out through his nose again. Ojirou pats him on the shoulder to encourage him.

"You're good?"

"I'm good."

"Let's go to the ring and box out some of that aggression, huh?"

"...yeah. okay."

He's gotta hit something soon or he's not sure he'll make it through the day.

#

Izuku stretches his arms over his head with a satisfied sigh, lifting his bag over his shoulder with ease. He's not been away from home long but he feels so much stronger---much more worn but a lot more durable than he was.

"How are you feeling, Young Izuku?" All Might asks from his side, hand on his shoulder.

Izuku grins from ear to ear.

"Good. It feels good to be home."