Look At You Go

A/N: Kinda sad. Trigger warning for mentions of grooming.

Katsuki doesn't think he's ever felt so shitty.

Emotionally, anyway.

He's taken punches from the greats-from All Might, no less-and never once even shed a single tear. He can take physical pain like a fuckin' champ but heartache?

Well, he's slumped over the toilet of their bathroom with his stomach feeling as if he had swallowed rum and fire, crying and sniffling and wondering why the fuck being in love hurts so bad.

There was obviously some truth in what she had said. He could tell from the way that Shouto---always so confident in himself---tripped over his own words in a struggle to try and defend himself. Katsuki just didn't know where the truth ended and the lies began.

And honestly? He was scared to find out.

The first time they had sex, Shouto told him that he was his first. And Katsuk believed him---because they were young and Shouto was his first, too. His first time. His first love. His first heartbreak.

His first everything.

But he lied. He lied and he didn't have to. So what else was just a lie? Was he going to get tired of Katsuki too and eventually just throw him away? Is Shouto going to become his father?

Katsuki is...afraid.

His cell phone vibrates next to him on the floor and he glares at it just before he reaches out to grab it.

Sparky ⚡:
Hey baby, we came by your agency to surprise you but Edge says they sent you home. Are you okay?

Katsuki's fingers hover over the keypad but he decides to just lock his phone again instead, haphazardly tossing it back onto the floor and running shaky fingers through his hair.

Sleep. He needs sleep.

"Baby?"

It comes muffled from the other side of the bathroom door and Katsuki startles. When had Shouto even gotten home? Why hadn't he heard the door when he came in?

"...y-yeah."

"...can we...can we talk, please, sweetheart?"

Katsuki pauses, stomach lurching as he feels himself about to empty it into the bowl once more.

"...'m not feelin' too good, Sho. Maybe later."

The door handle jiggles and Katsuki can hear his own heartbeat in his ears.

"Are you---Katsuki are you throwing up right now?"

"Sorta. Maybe. Be fine."

"No, it's not fine. Please, please open the door so I can help you, baby."

Katsuki's anxiety spikes and he snarls.

"You fuckin' helped enough!"

A pause. Hopefully he's gotten a fucking clue.

But of course, Katsuki hardly ever gets his way.

"You're upset with me. I get that. But if you just let me explain, I can promise you that it's not how you think it is."

"Can you really? You said I was your first, Sho, and you lied. How can I trust you when she was obviously telling the truth about something?"

"...I did lie. And I'm sorry but I was just ashamed. I'd never purposely hurt you, Katsuki, baby, you know that."

Katsuki contemplates telling him to fuck off again, but his curiosity begs to be sated. He's hopeful---hopeful that Shouto hasn't just been yanking him along like some shitty show pony for the last three years.