What Makes You Think

"Yikes. He's lookin', uh..."

Tired? Rough? Like someone just stabbed his teddy bear to death? Keigo isn't quite sure how to describe it, but it's bad.

"He's had a rough go of it today. We only managed to get him to stop crying about two hours ago and he's just woken up from a nap. Bringing it up might not be such a good idea." Denki supplies. Keigo hums in consideration.

"Maybe not, but this could drag on forever if I don't do this now."

Denki looks oddly skeptic of him.

"No offense, dude, but why you? And how'd you know he was here?"

"All I had to do was ask Fumi. Apparently you guys put everything in that group chat of yours. Also, it was either me or Enji, kid. I'm the only saving grace Shouto has right now."

The blonde grimaces at the mention of Shouto's father.

"Alright, yeah. I can see that. Just...be delicate about it, yeah."

Keigo can definitely try.

#

Katsuki's sitting at the edge of the bed, no longer in tears but looking extremely worn out and torn down. He eyes Keigo warily, scooting away as the pro hero sits at the edge. He's climbing into Hitoshi's lap as the winged man turns his eyes on him, visibly anxious.

"Hey, buddy. You know who I am?"

A nod.

"Oh? Well, do you know why I'm here?"

And then a shake.

"I'm here because of some very bad things your daddy did. They hurt you very badly today and he should be in very big trouble for that, don't you think so?"

Katsuki, who's very interested in the topic, nods his head feverishly as he leans forward---attentive to this man who seems to sympathize with him.

"You know, Kitty Boy, my daddy did some very mean and hurtful things to me, too."

Katsuki gasps, brows pinched in frustration. "R-Really?!" And Keigo nods with an 'mhm'.

"It hurt me so bad that I cried for days and didn't see my daddy for weeks because I was sooooo mad. He was upset about that but I didn't care because daddies shouldn't be so hurtful to their babies, right?"

Katsuki nods his agreement.

"Is...is he talking about Endeavor?" Ochako whispers into Sero's ear and the tall boy, equally confused, just shrugs.

"But you know, sweetie, I realized that sometimes I did mean things to daddy, too, and that I hurt his feelings sometime. I also realized that even though daddy did bad things, that he loved me and that I meant the world to him. So you know what I did?"

Katsuki's head tilts curiously, brows still knit tight together.

"I compromised. Do you know what that word means?"

Katsuki mulls it over with great consideration, searching that brilliant brain of his for some distant memory of a word he's sure he's heard before. In fact, he learned it from daddy.

"I-It means...to come to a...d-decision that...e-everybodies can be happy about, right?"

Keigo laughs.

"That's a good way to put it, sweetie. I came back to my daddy, but he had to prove to me that he was sorry and not just tell me and it felt so good to be so spoiled. Daddy got me everything I wanted and he never did that mean thing again because he knew that I'd leave. And it did hurt---hurt so bad, what he did to me. But it hurt even more to not be with him, you know."