Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping

Rishi got quite relieved after texting Devesh. If he could have not come in between then Nishita would have paid the price of losing her marriage. Though he wanted to teach her a lesson but this could have led to permanent suffering for her. 

When Vermas were leaving, Rishi was very pleased to see Nishita's face. Her face was facing down and had lost all its glow. Devesh hurriedly called the driver and they left.

Rishi was quite proud of himself. After this incident, he finally decides to solemnly concentrate on his work. He thought that from now on he is not going to involve himself in all such stupid stuff.  If anybody has to come into his life then will only happen when it is marked in his destiny. He went to bed after having a long day.

The next morning,  as soon as he came down, he saw his mother with aarti thal, he asked,

"Ma,  Why are you heading towards Mandir..? What's so special today..?"

His mother replied with an affectionate smile, "Today is Shravan Purnima, beta.."

 She said to Rishika, "Have breakfast with Bhai. I'll be back soon." Saying so, she left.

Rishika while serving Rishi asked, "Bhai, after Ma comes... Let's go for wedding shopping."

Rishi is never fond of shopping but he can either not say no to her little sweet sister. He said,

"Sure, choti. Once Ma is back, we shall go. Okay..?"

Rishika was delighted. They were discussing their past childhood moments after a long time while having breakfast. For few years, he went to Delhi and later Mussourie for training. She also stayed in Kota for studies. After getting a good medical college, she also came for the first time on vacation.

After finishing breakfast, he went back to his room for packing. Later, she came with coffee for both of them and they were sitting on his balcony. She said,

"Bhai, you remember Rashmi..? We used to play together in summers."

"Yeah, I do... What happened? She is going to get married na..?" Rishi asked her.

She said, "Nothing Bhai, her going to be husband holds a good post in Railways. They are giving 50 Lakh dowry to groom's family." 

Rishi was not amazed by this newfound information. He replied sternly,

"You can't help it choti. Nor people neither society can change in this matter."

A knock was heard at the open door. It was Komal, she informed them that their mother is back from Mandir and calling them at the main hall. When both of them reached the hall, they saw some Prashad was kept along with aarti thal on the table. 

Rishika asked, "Ma, why you called us..?"

Her mother said, "I want to tie this moli which I brought for both of you from Mandir, beta. Sit.."

She tied the knot to both the wrist and blessed by saying,

"May this boy soon gets married.. and My sweety soon becomes a doctor..."

Rishika giggled and hugged her. Rishi said in an offended mode,

"Why Ma..? Don't you want me to be happy always ?" 

His mother laughed and said, "Sorry beta, it highly depends on how you both deal with each other...nothing to do with marriage..."

Rishika chuckled and said, "Leave it here Bhai, you are not going to win in this case.."

 Rishika asked her for shopping. They finally decided that it's late morning, it will be better if they go after lunch. After having lunch, they soon headed for the main market.