Chapter 12: What if I do?

Sorry, I just got disappeared without any prior notice and made you wait for so long for the coming chapters. I thought to continue it further but after exams, I got busy again. Sorry again, let's continue from where we left.

It was a chill rainy day in Kanpur. The surroundings and greenery in the garden were very refreshing and soothing to the eyes. Ria was enjoying her morning tea with a newspaper that day. Her Mausi called her and informed her that she should prepare breakfast today since she had to go and help for a Satyanarayana puja in neighbor.

The road had less traffic due to heavy rainfall. Her Mausaji took her in the car, actually, her Mausi could have prepared the breakfast but she wanted her to do just to brush past her skills.

Ria prepared the breakfast

Ria prepared the breakfast. She served her Mausaji and Samar. Both of them appreciated her efforts. Later, her Mausaji went to work and Samar went to school. Ria went to the kitchen for cleaning the mess.

She heard her phone ringing at the dining table. She washed her hands, wiped them, and took the call. She suddenly took the call without realizing who was on the line.

"Ria, why the hell you declined the proposal?" A loud voice startled her.

In no time, she got it was none another than her mother.

Shit. Why did I pick the call?

She thought before answering her. "Ria, are you there on the line ?" she asked in anger.

"Yes Ma, I m there. Let me explain...." She wanted to clear.

"No, you listen to me. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a good match for marriage?" She vents out her anger.

She continued, "I also saw his photo. He is handsome and also had a good family background. You both will be a perfect couple."

"Ma, please for god sake, I don't want to marry now. Let me concentrate on my coming job, na Ma?" She told in a convincing tone.

"Get married and settle in abroad otherwise I will not allow you to step there, I tell you!" She said in a charging tone.

"Ma, you cant do that. That's unfair!" Ria complained.

"Sending young daughter abroad and that too all alone is just not possible. How about getting married to Aashish then you will have someone to be there with you? How's that idea?" She put forward her view.

"Common Ma, how can you decide that so easily, haan?" She asked her. "Aashish is like a brother to me." She said in a go.

"But Aashsish is not your brother! Stop giving such lame excuses to me!" She immediately cut the point. She continued,

"Aashish is not your biological brother nor he is your cousin. He is not related to you in this kind in any way. Just because you don't want to marry so you will do anything to call off this arrangement." She charged her.