Chapter 7 : Baking lessons

It was yet again a grooming day for Ria in which she was asked to prepare a chocolate cake at home. She said while gathering all the ingredients on the slab,

"Mausi, you always liked baking and mummy is also good at cooking but one thing which doesn't make sense is that why Mummy and you are always behind me to learn different dishes for cooking..?"

Her Mausi replied with an affectionate smile, "Beta because once you go to your inlaws' place, you have to manage all by yourself. It would be better if you are well trained beforehand..."

She chuckled, "I don't want any complaints from them."

Ria hurriedly said, "Please Mausi, don't say like that... You are preparing me as if I'm will be getting married within two weeks..."

Her Mausi said, "Just watch your words, beta. It is believed, that in the whole day, one time Saraswati rest in one's mouth." 

"You never know what you just said may come true..."

Ria became tensed and started grinding sugar. She later said, " How someone can get into all that before achieving something in her life..? I have to first focus on my career, Mausi."

Her Mausi said, "Honestly, saying beta.. I have seen in many cases in which the girls have excelled in their careers even after their marriage. There is literally no problem in getting into that once you get a good husband to support you equally for that case..." 

She further said, "You very well know your father, how he supported didi to pursue her BE.D even after having two kids- going school. If he would have not been behind her then possibly your mother could not have  become a teacher,"

Ria clearly got what she meant. She wondered the right man, in that case, would be bliss. The one who will not only accept you but also supports your dreams. Before she could think more about that her Mausi started explaining the whole recipe to her and afterward, left the kitchen under her command.

Later, Ria was sincerely started making the batter for the cake. No doubt the fuss was created by her in the whole slab for just making a cake but interestingly she did not care about that rather her focus was more on putting things in right amount. Later, she took the cake out of the microwave and left it for cooling

After clearing the whole mess in the slab,  she turned the cake upside down and started cutting its two equal halves from the middle so as to apply chocolate cream over it. After successfully spreading the cream, she patiently assembled them together and later covered the whole cake with chocolate icing. 

After looking at the cake, Ria was thinking that she was not less than a chef!

She put the cake to set in the fridge, as her Mausi went out and Samar would be back till evening

She put the cake to set in the fridge, as her Mausi went out and Samar would be back till evening. Ria rewarded herself by making coffee and went to rest in the drawing hall. While sipping coffee, her attention went toward the books kept well arranged in the showcase near the armchair. She remembered that she finds her Mausaji reading novels while sitting there for a long time whenever he gets free time on weekends.