Chapter 24: Mehendi

Arjun with Niharika finally reached the venue after a long drive of about an hour.

"Let's see if the venue meets up your expectation." The gate opened as soon as his car arrived. He parked the car and soon, they came out and saw the servants.

"Chote malik... chote malik..." The servants bowed as they found him.

"Where had we come?" Niharika asked looking at the big bungalow with a beautiful fountain garden.

"What do you think, nn?" Arjun asked mockingly.

"It looks like a farmhouse..." Niharika answered as she saw nearby large crops fields and lush greenery.

"You are right, baby! It's our family farmhouse. Let's go.." He holds her hands and took her along with him.

"We are not married, yet!" Niharika whispered in his ears.

"So, what happened?" Arjun asked as he was enjoying her doubtful state.

To stop her from thinking too far, he gently strokes her forehead with his finger and then asks jokingly, "What do you think with this small mind?"

"Honestly, I have no issues with either way. It's only you who have to decide." He replies playfully.

"Stop embarrassing me!" She said and pushed him gently using her elbow.

The Bungalow opened with a very beautiful fountain garden which was very well maintained and trimmed lawn with surrounding fruits trees. The large green crops look refreshing as they can only appear from the entrance. The bungalow in all had a grand rustic look and was nearby surrounded by lush greens.

"Chote Malik... I m really happy to see you after a long while. You have turned into a young handsome man." Ramu Kaka, the housekeeper greeted him.

"I told you always to call me by my name but never had you ever listen to me... really happy to see you too! You also had not changed yet. Still young and dynamic." Arjun replied and they all began laughing.

"Kaka, this is Niharika. My girlfriend." Arjun introduced her without any hesitation. Niharika was hell surprised by his brave attitude.

They came to the living room which had warm, muted colors with cozy couches and pristine wooden flooring

They came to the living room which had warm, muted colors with cozy couches and pristine wooden flooring. The large windows were ample to get sufficient sunshine to brighten the space. It was attached to the dining room and the open kitchen.

"What would you like to have?" Ramu Kaka asked. Arjun asks the same to her.

"Anything will work." She replied.

"How about kaka, you get us chilled cold coffee? It's a bit hot here." Arjun suggested on his own.

"As you say, Chote Malik..." Ramu Kaka replied and soon left.

"This place is just beautiful..." Niharika appreciated it as she settled on a couch next to him.

"I'm glad that you liked it. It was the wish of Ma to have a farmhouse..." He replied.