Chapter 21: First Date

Rishi very well knew the fact that if he didn't take the chance of taking Ria out tomorrow then he had to wait for a long to see her since their marriage was decided at the end of the week. So, without taking much time, he directly dialed her in the night itself.

"Still up?" He asked first.

"No, I was about to sleep." She replied.

"I called to ask you whether would you like to come with me to the yearly Varanasi Fair?" He came directly to the point.

"I.. I need to first take the permission." She answered reluctantly.

He said, "Fine, no worries.. I'll wait for your call." 

They ended their call. In the morning, Ria came to the kitchen where both her mother and Mausi were preparing tea.

"Ma, can I go out to visit Varanasi Fair?" She asked hesitatingly.

"When did all of a sudden you become so much interested in visiting these places?" She asked while pouring the tea into the cups.

"Ma just yesterday  I heard it from someone..." Ria answered and winked at her Mausi.

"Didi, let her go. After haldi, anyway, she is not allowed to step out." She understood her sign and said in her support.

"If you are so much willing to go, then take Niharika with you." She said approvingly.

"Fine, no issues... I'll ask then and they make plans accordingly." Ria gladly replied.

Ria went out in the courtyard and dialed Niharika. She was more excited to also take her to the fair.

"Would you like to visit the Varanasi Fair?" She asked her.

"Who else is coming?" She asked her back.

"It's me, you and... him." She replied.

"If its him, then I would not go..." She responded in a go.

"Why? What's wrong? Haven't we gone before?" Ria tried to reason out.

"Not going be the third wheel. Just go and have fun yourself!" saying so she directly ended the call.

Ria was a little surprised as this was normally not her way. She saw her Mausi passing by through corridors, so-called her, and explained the whole situation.

"So, that's what happening actually..." She said after analyzing the whole situation.

"Your Ma asked you to take someone for your own wellness and safety. If Rishi is taking you out then it's good, no issues... Just don't tell her with whom you went there."

Ria nodded, hugged her, and said," Mausi, thanks a lot! You are the best!"

Ria could not gather enough courage to directly call him so she left a text, stating, 

"Got the permission!"

She got an instant reply stating, "Then see you at 11 am in the Varanasi Fair."

Next after getting the deadline, Ria was again having hard times deciding what to wear for this unexpected outing.

It's going to be my first date! 

Just thinking about such thoughts made her feel butterflies flying in her stomach. She was not at all prepared for it. She just wants to look beautiful yet decent. Among all her hanging dresses,  she noticed a white suit in her wardrobe that she recently bought before leaving Kanpur. She then got the matching accessories and then went to dress up.

The white suit was perfect for this sunny outing. She made sure to have her makeup simple with little blush and also decided to keep her long hair open.