1st

Here I am, once again, memorising an unfamiliar subject in the beautiful London rain at the beginning of June. All I have to do is get a 30 and my summer can get off on the right foot, right?
If only there wasn't all this noise...
"Madison it's 4:20 can you tell me what are you doing?"
"Anne calm down I'm enjoying life as it should be and so should you, maybe we can start tomorrow?"

She's my roommate Madison, the typical California party girl who finds herself in London for studies but she's cool!

"Maybe after my 30 in Science what do you say?"
"Anne we have to go to Oliver's tomorrow, he's got great music and I know how much you're into that."
If you were wondering, yeah I'm a rock fanatic and you wouldn't know it from my personality but hey some things are passed down right?

*♪ the next morning ♪

"All right, miss Dixon, I see your commitment. You deserve your 30."
I used to think that happiness in life consisted of love, money but it only took those words to set me off.

I run into the house and find Caryl making a nice cup of coffee.
Ah right there's three of us and she's one of the nicest people I've ever met. She is from the north of England but has lived in London for many, many years.

"Here she is our Annabella, you look so happy, you got something to tell me?"
"C we have to celebrate, I made it!"
As soon as I say "celebrate", Madison is already in the living room.
"Did I hear you, Anne? I'll call Oliver. I want the best seats for you."
"Mads I appreciate it but I'd like to come back early tonight, I'm going back to the shop tomorrow and I want to be well rested"
"Oh Anne you worry too much, everything is under control. What could possibly happen?"

Should I have trusted Madison's words? Absolutely not.
Did I? Well, yes.