13th

"Do I look good in this colour?" asked Madison as she tried on all her swimsuits
"Yeah I think it really brings out your eyes," I replied.

"Hey Anne, is everything ok?" asked Caryl.
"Yeah I'm just nervous" I replied trying to force a smile.
We were getting out of the car, walking towards the pool and I felt terrible, nauseous and really scared. Okay Anne you can do this...

"There you are girls" Matt said seeing us come in and for the moment I could see everyone except Alex.
"Hello my darling, we're looking for the birthday boy" said Madison giving Matt a shot.
"I'm here" said Nick as happy as can be.
"Hey Nick happy birthday!" said I trying to hide my nervousness.
"Where's Alex?" asked Madison and I immediately looked at her, I wanted to kill her.

"Oh he's in the pool, I'll go get him" said Jamie.
"Oh it's okay, don't bother him!" I said
Caryl gave me a kick and came up to me and said:
"What the fuck do you think you're doing, hurry up and talk to him."
Why was everyone putting so much pressure on me!

"Hi girls, I'm not going to hug you because I just got out of the pool" Alex said coming up to us and then turned to me and smiled.

Everything was going well, we were all near the pool and there were a lot of people I didn't know. I didn't really want to get in the water at the moment, so I sat at the edge of the pool watching what the people was doing.
There was Madison over Matt's shoulder fighting Jamie and Caryl, I knew they would fall in the water first, the Mads-Matt team was too strong

"Is the water too cold for you?" Alex suddenly said sitting down next to me.
Oh shit, Annabella you have to breathe, you just have to answer.

"No actually it's quite warm, maybe I'll dive in later" I replied quietly, I think.
"Do you mind if I join you here?" he asked.
"Of course not, have a seat" I replied and I could see Madison from a distance giving me the thumbs up.

"Your hair looks good wavy" he said.
"Oh thanks, I didn't straighten it today," I replied a little embarrassed.
"You should leave it like that more often and you should use the silver colour more. It looks divine on you," he said.
"At your service," I replied, laughing.

How stupid i am? I was acting like a fool who couldn't take a compliment.

We were talking about what we said to each other in Canterbury and remembering that day makes me more than happy, the talk was becoming more and more serious and I saw him getting closer and closer. This is my moment, now I can be sure that he likes me. So I got closer too and...I found myself inside the pool.

"Caryl, what the fuck are you doing?" I said, glaring at her.
"Oh fuck, it's Jamie's fault he pushed me!" she replied.

Fuck it, the moment's gone.

"Here's the towel" Alex said handing me his and continued "I didn't know which one was yours and mine is dry now"
"Thank you very much," I replied.

Madison came running over:
"Anne it's okay, you just have to find a way to be alone with him" she said.
"Mads I don't have to create the moment, it just has to happen" I said.

After it happened, the awkwardness subsided. Did he regret what was about to happen? But then a divine voice said
"Guys, I'm out of beer, I'm going to go get some," it was Nick.
"Don't worry, mate, I'll go, stay in the pool," said Alex.
"I'll come with you, you can't do it on your own," he said.
"If you want, I'll go with you," I said.

What the fuck i was doing?!

"Of course," he said, smiling.
We grabbed our beers and on the way back he said.
"I think you've had the splash of the day," he said, laughing.
"Fuck it, I wanted to kill Jamie and Caryl," I said, laughing.

Then he got serious again and said:
"Do you think there's any chance I could kiss you now?"

Oh shit, was this really happening? What the fuck am I supposed to say to that?

"Um, let me make sure there are no pools in the way. Okay we can do that," I replied blushing.
He leaned in and finally kissed me, it was a gentle, unhurried kiss. He was gentle, he's always gentle almost as if he was afraid to break me.

"At least you didn't end up in a pool," he said after we broke away from the kiss and I laughed.

We went back to the pool and immediately I turned to Caryl and Madison smiling and giving them a thumbs up. They were happier than me, no that's impossible

I think everyone could tell that something had happened because we spent the rest of the evening closer and more relaxed.

As we were getting into the car I gave him another kiss, still chaste.
"See you soon," he said.
"Anytime," I said.
And the others were shouting
"Oh boy, they made it! Finally!"
And we just laughed.

Yes, maybe I like him a lot.