28th

I had just got out of university, it was late now, and I was on my way home and I noticed that there was Alex outside the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, going to hug him.
"I told you I wanted to see you before the concert" he said.

We decided to go for a walk around the city as if we were tourists. All my life I have always seen London as my place of work and never as a tourist.

"I know you've been to London your whole life but I wanted to take you because this city is eternal," he said as we walked across London Bridge.
"What do you mean?" I asked
"I don't know, it's like a city that never wakes up. It's always a dream" he said.
"Wow, that's deep" I replied.

There were so many street performers and we would stop every time to listen to them and bet on who would be the first to become famous.

"Okay come with me I have something for you to listen to" he said taking me by the hand and leading me to their recording room.

"Mh okay, what should I listen to?" I asked curiously.
"I wrote it a few months ago, it's called Reckless Serenade" and he began to sing with the help of his guitar.

When she laughs, the heavens hum a stun gun lullaby
Those twinkling vixens with the shining spiral eyes
Their hypnosis goes unnoticed when she's walking by

"It's beautiful, how can you write like that?" I said.
"It's all because of what's in my life," he said.

"I never told you this but the first time I heard Mardy Bum I was in the shop" I said and he made a bit of a sad face.
"Oh and what did you think?" he asked.
"I was into the song, but not because it's about our fight, it's just the way you tell it. I cried a lot," I said, remembering that day.
"I didn't want to publish it at first, then I thought you didn't care about me anymore so I got brave," he said.
"We've been so stupid," I said, and then he picked up the guitar again.

"I want to play you another song. I wrote this one months ago after a night out with the guys."

Tell me, where's your hiding place?
I'm worried I'll forget your face
And I've asked everyone
I'm beginning to think I imagined you all along

"I have no words. What made you write it?" I asked.
"Fear", he answered
"Fear of what?" I asked
"Of losing you forever" he replied and I got up going towards him and we stayed together for a very long time.

The night passed and we were still in this eternal city, and he was right it never woke up but this time it was our turn to sleep there...maybe one day London would wake up too.
After this long night we went back to 505 but before entering the house I greeted him:

"Thanks for today. But now I want to see you focused for the big day," I said.
"At your service, Annabella," he said and I gave him a little kiss.

I entered the house making as little noise as possible, Caryl and Madison were already long asleep.

Looking back on the evening I couldn't help but be more fortunate to have such a beautiful soul by my side. Despite our love for each other, I can still see that initial friendship of ours full of trust. A trust that became more strong after our stupid mistakes.