Epilogue

A year had passed since the Glastonbury festival. A few months after the concert, Caryl and Madison and I graduated, Caryl is working at the British Library, Madison is back in California working at a well-known car dealership in Los Angeles and I continue to be in my beloved shop and have opened another one in the north of England.
The boys? They became very well known outside the UK and started a new tour. Whenever I could I went with them, to support them and especially to be with Alex. They had almost finished their second album.

Obviously Caryl moved house, and now it's just me in the 505, but I'm not completely alone because during the breaks in the tour Alex always comes to stay with me.

Glastonbury was supposed to be the highlight for them, but just today we got a call saying they're going to be at Coachella. Yes it wasn't a dream, it was really Coachella.

"I can't believe it," Alex told me.
"It's really amazing, I can't imagine how many people will be there," I said.
"Have you ever been to America?" he asked.
"Never," I said.
"Then get your passport ready because you're coming with me" he said as he hugged me.

I didn't think twice about inviting Caryl, it was a great chance to see Madison too. This time in her precious California!

I hadn't seen Caryl in over a month and Madison in four months. It's been a long time and we were used to being together 24/7, it sucked to be separated like that but I'm so happy for what they're doing in their lives.

Me:
Hey wifey, I'm ready for Coachella, is there a place for me there in California?

I wrote to her, she didn't know yet that the guys would be performing at Coachella. I told Matt not to tell her.

Mads:
Shut the fuck up! Are you joking? Anne I swear I'll kill you if it's not true.

Me:
Yes my dear, the boys are going to give a great concert. I miss you xx

Mads:
I could seriously cry right now. I miss you too wifey xx

The concert was in a month's time, so the guys rehearsed every day and I went whenever I could.

"Anne what do you think?" asked Nick.
"You're going to kick ass," I replied.
"I was thinking about adding more songs. Any ideas?" said Alex
"I'd add Knee Socks," I replied, smiling.
"How self-centred Annabella! I knew that you'd say that" he replied coming towards me and giving me a kiss in my forehead.

*one month later*

We were at Stansted airport, ready for our 11 hour flight and waiting for Caryl to arrive.

"I'm here guys, sorry" Caryl said running up.
"Here she is," I said, giving her a hug.

After about 20 minutes we got on the plane and our very long journey began.

We finally landed in the beautiful Los Angeles, wow this is Madison's place!
In fact, she was waiting for us at the airport.

"Anne! Caryl!" said Madison yelling and we started running towards her, we looked like three little girls but I missed her too much.
"Well how was your trip?" she asked us.
"Awfully long" said Matt
"Don't worry now come home and rest, Dylan is making dinner" said Madison
"I'm literally dying of sleep," said Jamie.
"I know, it's the time difference. I went through that when I got back," she replied.

Luckily Mads didn't live too far from the airport, we arrived at her house almost immediately. How strange to say 'her house' because it was always ours...The time has flown!

"Hi guys! I bet you are dead tired," Dylan said as we walked into their house. And we finally sat down at the table to eat, I was starving!

"Are you guys excited?" asked Madison
"I can't wait to sing," said Alex.
"Mads actually the most excited here is Anne" said Matt and everyone laughed.
"Very funny" I said pretending to be annoyed.
"Well Mads how is your life now with a man in the house?" asked Caryl.
"My god! I thought three girls in a house was a disaster but with him it's worse" she laughed.
"High five sister. I feel you," I said giving her a high five.
"Hey that's not true! I don't bother you" Alex replied laughing.

The evening didn't last long as we were all tired and we had a very long day ahead of us tomorrow, especially for the boys.

The most awaited moment was coming, ladies and gentlemen, here they are on the Coachella stage.
I can't even say how many people were there because there were too many and everyone was singing their songs.

Mads, Caryl and I were out of voice by the third song, but you couldn't help but scream in 'Arabella', if Alex heard me he would say how self-centred I am!

And it was like that again, we were excited to see them sing. It was always the same as the first time, only the fact that things have evolved and over the course of more than a year we have come this far.

It didn't matter how far away we lived or how busy our jobs kept us, because in the end we always came back here. That's the magic of music and I couldn't ask for anything better for my life.