15th

"Okay girls, I have to go" Caryl said, picking up her suitcase.
"But you'll be back in time for the boys' concert right?" I asked.
"Of course," she said.

Madison and I were having lunch and then she got a text from Oliver.
"Shit, Anne I think you're going to be alone tonight. Oliver needs help" she said apologetically.
"Oh that's ok, I'll just watch a movie" I said.
"Or you could ask Alex to come over and you two watch it together" she said giving me a wink, the usual Madison.

"You know, that's not a bad idea" I said.

Madison left the house right after dinner, and after twenty minutes Alex came over.
"Hey Anne, have you been alone long?" he asked as he entered the house and gave me a quick kiss.
"No she just left" I said.

I didn't really know what to do, was I that bad with men? Will I ever have a husband?!

"So what movie do you want to watch?" he asked.
"I don't really know, I've got a lot of films, come and help me," I said.

I had so many DVDs in my room and I didn't know which one to choose, when he came into my room he said:
"Do you have a poster of Deep Red?"
"Yes, I love it. I used to watch it all the time as a kid," I said.
"Was that your hobby as a kid? Watching horror movies?" he asked, laughing.
"As a good Italian I watched Italian films, but it's actually the soundtrack that I like most of all," I told him.
"You're so dark" he said and then we laughed

"You know I've never seen it?" he said.
"What?! Okay, we have to watch it," I replied, pretending to be shocked.

I hoped he'd be more scared, but he seemed to like the film... if only we'd finished it.

The next morning I woke up but he wasn't in bed, and I was thinking about last night. Making love with someone who really cares about you is something wonderful because he will do anything to make you feel comfortable. As always, he was gentle in every step and took care of me, something no other guy had ever done.

I went into the kitchen and he was sitting at the table
"Good morning love, I didn't want to wake you up," he said.
"I thought so. What are you doing?" I asked him curiously.
"I was writing, I have a lot of ideas lately" he told me happily and I sat down next to him.
I was never an affectionate person but I liked the contact between us.

"Oh there they are the lovebirds. Luckily you guys were already asleep when I got here," Madison said grabbing some coffee and then continued:
"Okay but you seriously look like my parents, even cuddling in the kitchen Anne I don't recognise you."
We both blushed immediately, what an awkward moment.

"Shit I'm late," Madison said nervously.
"Mads if you want I'll drive you, I have to take Anne to the shop too anyway" Alex told her.
"Are you sure?" she asked him
"Of course" he replied and she shouted a thank you that I can bet the neighbour heard it too.

In the afternoon Madison came to the shop to go home together.
"Your boyfriend is such a sweetheart, good choice Anne" she said.
"He's not my boyfriend" I replied
"What? So you do everything a couple do but he's not your boyfriend?" she said shocked.
"Well, I don't know," I said.

I really didn't know anything as usual, but at least I pushed the fear aside.

"Did you by any chance tell Alex the name you call me by?" I asked her.
"Maybe, why?" she replied.
"This morning he was writing something with Thunderstorms" I told her
"My God, are the love songs starting already? This is serious," she said, laughing.
"Anyway, you look a lot happier, you know?" she said.
"I've noticed that too, finally some clean air" I said.
"That's what matters to me, that you're happy Anne" she said and then hugged me.

Everything was finally calm in my life.