Chapter 1 A Trip To Washington

My flight was about to land any minute now. It was early in the morning and I could see clouds through my window seat. As I watched the clouds I heard "Sir, can I get you something" a beautiful attendant asked me "just some water" I replied. I usually do a lot of business trips but this one seems quite different from the usual one.

As I got off the flight I could see a bright morning. The temperature is almost the same in both Korea and here in the US. While sitting in a taxi on my way to Zeus which is a five-star hotel, I had no other choice left when the owner itself did my booking, it's just annoying sometimes when Mr. Choi Jin-ho seems too friendly with me sometimes especially when I know him only too well. He would ditch my business deal if he gets a better one, but he sometimes forgets he isn't the only one in our animal kingdom of business, I am a tiger myself when it comes to business.

It really doesn't matter where I stay as long as my work here is done as soon as possible, and I can go back to Seoul. Whenever I leave for a business trip I am always scared of what my father might do to Tan or even Cha Eun-sang, his girlfriend. Since they started dating I have always harbored the fear in mind that my father might destroy my younger brothers life for business' sake but Tan isn't like me, he is kind, honest, warmhearted, and very courageous when it comes to protecting something that he loves and I have promised myself that I'll always watch his back and give him the life he has always dreamt of.

As I reached my Villa Suit I ordered something to eat and took a short nap. I needed to do a lot of work all day. I opened my eyes. The nap felt like a second but it lasted much longer than I imagined. It was already 9:30 so I rushed to get ready for my day.

I reached the DC/Washington branch of Jeguk Group, it seemed very different from what it used to be the last time I was here. There was no one to welcome me and that, I thought, showed how poor the company's working conditions were. As I reached the thirtieth floor and barged into the CEO's office, he apologized for the lack of hospitality and welcomed me in his office, I sat on his chair and demanded that a round table conference be convened as soon as possible. He called off his secretary to arrange everything.

After the conference, I called Yoon Jae Ho The Vice President of Jaguk Group and told him all about the meeting. I mentioned that it might take much more time than I imagined to manage such an ill-managed affair, Yoon Jae Ho is the closest thing I have to a friend, he just gets me somehow. He said that I should take my time and he would keep me informed about everything going on in Seoul in my company as well as at my house, I trust him. Sometimes I feel he is the only person who comes close to the cleverness and sharpness that my father possessed. He might not be ahead of him in those qualities but he is definitely just a small step back from him he understands my father's moves much more than I and my brothers ever could. The best part about Yoon Jae Ho is that he is always loyal to the Jaguar Group. In times of conflict, he's not my side, not my father's side not even on Tan's side but just on his own side. He might take any side as he deems fit according to his principles. I never understand his way of doing business but I respect it.

I left the office early around 3. There was not much to do there. I have already given the orders and they were about to be followed. My next plan was to examine the potential of the team who would work under me so that I could decide whether they would help me to work out my plan or whether I would have to hire more people for the job.

I had no idea that I would be free so soon so instead of going back to the villa, I decided to visit a café nearby. as I was in the car at a signal stop when I saw her.