Chapter 6 Twisted Ankle

"What" Emma reacted with shock. 

"No way, we don't know each other that well" she added, I was just listening to their conversation without interrupting. 

"You didn't know me either before I moved in" 

"But you were my saviour, I couldn't say no when you offered and it's whole a different point" 

"How that is different Emma, you need a person to share the expense. You won't be able to afford an apartment like this alone in a city like Washington" 

"Do we really have to talk about this today?" Her reaction reminded me so much of Hyun-Joo when she got mad she had almost the same expressions 

"Okay, Chill up," Caroline said.

After dinner, Emma and I were standing on the balcony, there was a cold breeze. The view was above was so beautiful 'the nightlife of Washington'. I tried to break the strange silence between us 

"Are you okay?" I asked, 

"I will be, hopefully" 

"It's all going to be alright don't worry" 

"So you really are planning to move out of the hotel and find a place?" 

"Yea, I am. Emma, are you going to be fine all by yourselves in this house?" she didn't reply to me. 

"Can I visit you more often from now on?" 

"Why did you like it in here?" 

"Yea it's nice to eat with the company, rather than eating alone" 

"You should find a pretty girl for yourself" she replied with a short smile, I turned to her and looked deep into her eyes, my hands on her shoulder and replied, 

"I think, I just did" I bent down and kissed her lips gently, as my hands moved down to her waist holding it firmly. Her hands moved up wrapped around my neck. It felt like a heavenly blessing playing around with her lips smooching mine.

That same night I had a meeting around 2:30 am at night, I was all dressed up and prepared as I knew my father is going to be there for this meeting. The basic motive of the meeting was to discuss the Project of Jeguk Group about developing the largest apartment complex all over South Korea. There were some problems with the dealers but I might have a solution to that, we discussed the work in detail. Working day and night could be really hectic.

The meeting ended at 5 am and then I dose off to sleep the next whole week, I worked day and night. At night leading everyone to the project in Korea and in the day working on new projects for Washington's branch.

Not only me but Yoon Jae Ho also worked with me, I didn't want to pressurize him but I had to consult with him for every small detail before I make a decision. I gave him a choice to be in night wears while attending a one-on-one conference with me while I work in the US office.

Days passed and whenever I had time I kept on wondering, why hadn't she called or texted, would Emma ask me to move in with her? What if things got awkward between us after that kiss. Later that day I got a call from a random number 

"Hello" 

"Who is this," I asked

"Caroline is this Tae-ho speaking" 

"Hey, what's up?" 

"I am good, getting used to the new city" 

"Did Emma ask you to move in?" 

"I have actually been busy with work lately, I didn't get a call from her" 

"Actually she is finding a roommate, she met a couple of girls. I didn't think she liked any of them" 

"oh" I felt a bit bad, am I that bad I have been desperate to spent time with her and she didn't even call me back 

"Look, Tae-ho I like you, You seem like a decent man and I would like you to move in with her" 

"But it's not your decision to make so" 

"I know, I'll call you later sometimes, got to go bye" 

"Bye, take care" 

"You too".

I really felt she should have asked me, that same night. I was just over with the morning conference of Korea it was 11 pm. I went to take a shower and I heard a bell ring. I wore a bath gown and opened the door. Emma stood there in fount of me, she wore a casual light blue dress 

"Emma, please come in" she entered my apartment. 

"Give me five, I'll be back" I wore some nightwear, as I came out I saw her sitting there all by herself she looked pretty sad 

"Is everything okay, should I order something" 

"No, it's fine" 

"What's wrong Emma" 

"I just came here to see you" 

"You had your dinner, right. I'll order some desert" 

"No Tea-ho wait, sit" I sat down 

"Why are you being so sweet?" 

"What do u mean" 

"Why are you here, all the time, I don't get it" she questiones, I wish I could tell you, why I am here, how desperate I want to spend my life with you, how your happiness makes me happy. How sorry I was after I let you go the last time.

"Emma, first tell me what's wrong why are you so upset" 

"I had a terrible week, my classes were cancelled, I am having trouble at school, I had nightmares whenever I sleep since Caroline left nothing it's like my world fell apart" 

"Emma calm down, I never really had friends. I just can't relate. But I am here for you" she looked at me. We sort of had an intimate moment, the way she looked at me. It felt like she really needed me as a friend more than a lover. I took her in my arms and hugged her.

"Actually I am a bit hungry," she said 

"Me too" I replied. We ordered some good seafood and had a good meal. Later I got a business call as I was attending it, I heard a voice. I ran to see what happened, I saw Emma on the ground. 

I went to her "What happened" 

"My leg Ah..." I saw her broken heel, she might have fallen and her ankle must have been twisted, I carried her to my bed. Took off her heels 

"Ahh... It hurts bad" 

"Wait for a while it will be fine" by her face I could figure out it must be hurting bad. 

"Should I call a doctor" 

"Which doctor will be available at this hour" only if she knew, I can arrange a private hospital in my suit just for her.

I called out for an Orthopedic. He was on his way, Emma was in to much pain already. There was a knock on the door when I looked out there was a strange man, not looked like a doctor really.

Who was he?