Chapter 8 The Truth

It felt like a relief, at the same time like sitting on a time bomb. My heart was pounding like a machine gun. Suddenly I get a call, 

It's from Tan "I'll be back in a min" I said to Emma. 

I went into my room and locked the door from inside 

"Hello, Tan" 

"Hyun, I have a surprise for you" 

"Surprise! Don't you know, I hate surprises?" 

"We are in Washington" 

"What? How? When? Where? Why? What were you thinking, you Idiot?" 

"Hyun calm down! I missed you so I came to see you" I calm myself down took two deep breaths and said 

"Tan, I'll call you tomorrow" 

"Okay" I hung up the call.

I couldn't figure out either bomb was under my feet or over my head, seem like standing on a cliff if I jump on one side, I'll probably meet the dead end of my life, on the other side is an ocean if I jump I'll drown to death. I finally found out Emma is really Hyun-joo and Tan is here in the most crucial moment of my life. If Emma finds out that I lied about my job and my name, she will kick me out of her house as well as her life. If Tan finds out I am living with Hyun-joo whose Emma now he will freak out.

"Tae-ho" I heard Emma calling me out. I went outside 

"What's wrong?" she asked watching my facial expression 

"Nothing" I replied 

"Seems like you just saw a ghost" 

"No, it's nothing. Hey, I have some work you go and sleep first" 

"Are you lying to me" 

"No, actually my boss called, seems like there is a problem in my project" 

"Oh"

"It's going to be fine right" 

" Hopefully" 

"Cool, you take care, I am tired. I'll sleep now" she came closer pulled my head closer and kissed my lips, passionately 

"I am so glad you're here with me" she said, as she walked away smiling, 

I held her hand pulled her closer "Emma, can you promise me something" 

"What?" 

"If anything comes up, never forget that I care for you, I want you, and I don't ever want to let you go now" 

"I won't forget it, don't worry everything is going to be fine" 

"Yea Goodnight, sweet dreams" 

"You too".

The next morning I woke up and Emma was still asleep, the fact that freaks me out is what will happen when she finds out the truth how will she react. I made breakfast for her with a small note on the breakfast table 'have a nice day, my love'. I got ready and went out. I had an early meeting at the Jeguk office in Korea so I went to the office. After the meeting, I decided to go and see Tan. So I called him off to a restaurant for lunch, Chan Eun-sang came with him so, I invited both of them.

As I saw them they seem like a honeymoon couple on a vacation, whereas I looked like a businessman came in to make a business deal. 

"Hey, Hyun," Tan said his smile went bigger as he saw me, Chan Eun-sang greeted me respectfully 

"How have you guys been" 

"We are good we just got off our trip from Hawaii," Tan said 

"So you did take my advice and went to Hawaii," I said 

"I didn't have an option left, but I am glad you convinced me. It was a really nice trip" Chan Eun-sang replied

"We enjoyed it a lot" Tan added while making eye contact with her. 

"How have you been," Chan Eun-sang asked 

"I have been good". After that, we talked a bit ordered and ate some good lunch, lunch I realized it was time for me to tell them why I called them here.

"Tan, I got to tell you guys something," I said in a serious tone 

"Is everything alright, Hyun," Tan asked politely 

"Do you guys remember Jeon Hyun-Joo?" 

"Your ex-girlfriend," Tan said 

"She was a teacher at our school" Chan Eun-sang added. 

"Yes, her" 

"What about her" 

"Listen carefully Tan, you know that pretty well she was the only girl I ever fell in love with. When I came to the US I saw Hyun-joo" 

"Are you guys seeing each other" 

"You can say that we have moved in together" 

"Does anyone else knows about this" 

"Mr. Yoon Jae Ho I has a bit idea" 

"Hyun, I will support you, no matter what you decide, I'll be on your side" 

"There is another catch, Hyun-joo met with an accident three years ago and lost her whole memory, she lost the skill to speak Korean. Now she is Emma who knows only to speak English and has no idea about her past life" 

"What so she doesn't remember you" 

"She doesn't remember Kim Won, I lied to her about my name and job" 

"That's just wrong" Chan Eun-sang interrupted out conversation 

"I know it's wrong" 

"Hyun, I get it why you lied, just to protect her" 

"Yea I did that to protect her, for time being" 

"Would you like us to meet her, or we shouldn't bother" Tan questioned 

"Would you like to meet her?" both of them nodded. 

"But you guys have to keep in mind, Eun-sang you especially don't call me 'Won' call me Tae-ho or Hyun. I guess call me Hyun just like Tan does" 

"All right, Hyun"

"I have a meeting, you guys enjoy. I'll catch you up later" 

"yea okay" I left the table.

Chan Eun-sang followed me while I was leaving 

"Won" She yelled out to stop me; 

"Won wait" I turned around 

"Can I give you any advice, as a younger sister? I should warn you of something. Look Won, I get it why you lied to Miss Hyun-joo, but when the time comes she would feel betrayed, and so we might support you in your lie. But you must come up with the whole truth in front of her. Do it before it's too late, and you know more than anyone else what happens when guys like you choose to fall in love. Protect her and make sure she doesn't face things she has already has faced before" 

"I promise, the past won't repeat, I will talk to father and convince him and as soon as that happens I'll tell Emma the whole truth" 

"I won't advise you to tell her the whole truth but just a part of it would be fine" 

"Yea, I get it" 

"We all want you to be happy, Won" 

"I'll call you guys soon to my place" 

"We will look forward to it" she waved me 

"Bye" I waved her back.

That night when I entered the apartment, I was just wondering about what Chan Eun-sang said. While I walked in I called Emma, she was in her room. As I was about to enter she yelled 

"Don't come in"