Chapter 11 Truth of Brother Bond

Tan's birthday, I wondered. I had to plan something so, the next morning I told Emma that Tan's birthday is on its way. I asked her to meet me in the coffee shop around 11:30 am, Chan Eun-sang will be there too and we can plan out something for him.

As I reached the office I got a call, he is the only person who I get a call from Korea I guess and that is Mr. Yoon Jae Ho

"Hellow"

"Sir, your father is here"

"Let me speak to him"

"Hellow"

"When are you planning to send Tan back"

"Actually, I am planning to make him stay long he is helping me in this project here. I am training him for business"

"Do you even remember, his birthday is coming"

"Yes, father"

"Make it a grand celebration"

"Father, I was planning to keep it a private event"

"Are you taking them to an island or something, why do you make it like it's a small deal"

"Father, I am planning something different this year"

"It's fine, if you have a plan in mind" father said his voice seem low than usual

"Hellow" I head Yoon Jae Ho voice

"Is father not well?" I asked him

"He is a bit ill"

"Take care of him"

"That's my job"

"You cold-hearted man"

"Yes, sir"

"Call me back later" he knew I won't be able to talk about my problems around father

"Okay, sir" he replied.

If I plan a big event like my father suggested it would be a problem, I still haven't been completely honest with Emma. I still wish to do something to make my little brother really happy on his birthday. I should discuss it with Eun-sang, whatever she suggests I could make it work.

Later three of us met at a coffee place,

"What do you guys suggest?" I asked

"A grand celebration at Zeus hotel, like father, does every year" Eun-sang replied without giving a thought about it, I gave her a look

"What? Grand celebration? What do you mean?" Emma questioned, I replied

"She means our father was good friends with the manager of Zeus hotel back in Korea. He use to call off all people we know and call it a grand celebration"

"Ohh, okay," Emma said.

"What about a small party at my apartment" Emma suggested

"Not a bad idea," I said.

"I actually have to leave, I have a class to take" Emma got up

"I'll catch with you guys later" she bent down to kiss my lips and then left

"Ahh, you two are a cheese" Eun-sang complained

"You don't even say that, you got me into trouble today" I scolded

"Sorry, it slipped my mind"

"Father called, asking about Tan and his birthday party"

"How does he want it to be"

"We cant call media, if we do I'll be in great trouble"

"Have u thought about it?"

"Thought about"

"Coming clean in front of Emma Unni"

"Not really, I'll be visiting Korea soon. I'll ask for fathers approval then come clean in front of Emma"

"You know the best, big brother," Eun-sang said

"About Tan's birthday, I am thinking of a surprise birthday at Emma's place"

"Surprise?"

"Yup"

"Cool, sounds like a great plan"

I had to work so I left for the office and Eun-sang headed to her work.

That same night when Emma and I went to bed she asked me

"I am not sure, but I feel you are hiding something from me? Are you?"

"Do you trust me, Emma?"

"I do"

"So don't worry, I will take care of everything and even if I am hiding something from you. It is for your own good and when it's the right time I'll tell you everything myself. In my entire life, you're the only women I ever loved so you don't have to worry" She hugged me.

After midnight snacks, she asks me

"I have never seen such deep love care among siblings as you and Tan possess"

"It's because we aren't real brothers"

"What? What do you mean? He is your brother?"

"Yea, he is my stepbrother. My father married an American woman who gave birth to me. I lost my mother when I was 4 years old. My father got remarried but my stepmother couldn't bear any children, and my father desperately wanted more so he unofficially got married to a mistress and she gave birth to Tan. My stepmom left home and told my father to bring mistress home and Tan was brought up by her "

"Ohh"

"Around three years ago, when my father went to coma my stepmom tied to take over his whole property, as soon as he got back into conscious he divorced that wicked lady and legally accepted Tan's mother as his wife"

"And yet still you and Tan seems pretty close"

"It's because Tan loved me a lot, whole his life he followed me everywhere when he growing up I was his idol. And I hated that fact; I hated Tan as he was Mistress's son. When Tan was 15, I abandoned him and send him to LA, and told him not to come back ever again. After three years he fought his way back to Korea and I hated him deeply. When he started dating Chan Eun-sang, our father didn't like it so he made Tan and Eun-sang's life miserable, at that point, I couldn't just sit and watch him do that after all Tan was my younger brother so I took a stand for him. When my father was in Coma Tan and I did everything in our power to protect his property. In the end, Father gave Tan permission to date Eun-sang"

"That's a great story, and you are blessed to have a brother like Tan"

"I know"

"What have you decided about his party"

"I was thinking a surprise part here"

"In this house"

"yup" her smile went bigger

"That's great, I love organizing parties. I'll plan everything"

"Cool, now party lady it's time for bed" I hugged her and told her to sleep.

The next morning Chan Eun-sang texted me "Won, one of our school friends is here, can we invite him to the party"

"Make sure, he is all aware of Hyun-joo situation"

"Yea, sure"

"Cool bring him in"

"What's his name"

"Lee Hyun-shin"

Okay

(Lee Hyun-shin initially liked Hyun-joon as his personal tution teacher)