Chapter 3 Coffee Date

She turned around, my heart pounded like a train at full speed. She was shocked to hear this that, so to pretend that I didn't say that I turned around

"5 pm at The Central Coffee Hub?" she replied

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I turned around and said "Okay!"

She left the room with a blank face.

I searched the place as I was new to Washington I entered The Central Coffee Hub and sat down. It was just 2:30 pm but I couldn't wait for 5 pm. Around an hour later I got a call from the CEO of the branch "Sir, can you come down to the office right now?" it was just 3:30 pm if I leave I won't be able to make it up on time. Work has always been my priority so I had to leave for the office. I was so busy at work that I couldn't keep track of time, but I left the office as soon as I realized that it was 15 minutes to five. My work was not done yet but that's how it has always been. My work was too much, Jeguk Group has always been my priority. I had a business sense like my father did but I never really had time for love in my life.

We broke up because I kept her on my second priority list. That itself is a choice. I won't do it again anymore.

I rushed to the café as soon as possible; she was sitting there waiting for me with a book in her hand, her straight hairs, the way she lets them open her beautiful face features she seems like an angel living on earth.

"I am so sorry, please forgive me," I said, in my entire life I have never really used those words before, not even to her, this was my first time.

She closed her book and said "It's okay, just been a couple of mins" I sat down in front of her.

"Should we order something?"

"Coffee maybe as if we are in a coffee shop" she smiled at me, my heart fluttered.

"Okay," we ordered coffee.

"Can I ask u something?"

"Sure" I replied,

"Why did you ask me out on a coffee date?"

"I just wanted to, I know it's a little weird, but I am new to Washington and I don't have many friends, I really don't know people around so..."

"You seem like a businessman? Why did you join the class?"

"Actually I am here for a..." I felt like I really shouldn't reveal too much about myself,

"Actually I am from Korea, I came here for a short business trip but it seems I will be here for a while now. So I thought maybe I should join a few classes and make some friends"

"Interesting, what's your name?"

I was about to say Kim Won but I felt I shouldn't so I lied "It's Tae-oh".

Then we had a bit of good talk. Felt so good after so long. It seems she was happy too, like we connected just like old days. I lied about my work but it seems like a perfect excuse for now, after coffee I dropped her at her apartment, as she got off the car she said: "Can I get your number?" I gave her my number and watched her until she went inside.

I came back to my Villa, it seems like I am the happiest person on earth. One thing just slipped off my mind, Hyun-joo, didn't recognize me. How come is it even possible for her to behave like this after all we have been through.

What if she isn't my Hyun-joo and just a random girl who looks exactly like her, she doesn't even recognize her own name, that's really strange. What if she is her twin sister that could happen as she was an orphan. I had a lot of questions in my mind. Another thing I didn't get was it was pretty strange for a fine lady like her to ask for my number after such a random date, what if she really is Hyun-joo and pretending to be Emma. She was never really good at pretending. I was utterly confused.

Lying on my bed, I get a call from Yoon Jae Ho,

"How have you been sir"

"Quite well, I should say"

"I heard you left office soon"

"Are you spying on me, I warn you don't do that, did father start paying you to tail on me. He really should have picked a better guy for that job"

"You know that I would never accept a job like that, I just called to tell you something"

"Yeah tell me what is everything okay in Korea? Is Tan okay?"

"Oh my god time changes so fast, I remember you yelling at me for sharing your schedule with Tan, now you're worried about him"

"He might be a mistresses son but still we share the same flesh and blood of our father and you shouldn't forget he is the second son of Jeguk Group"

"You know I consider both of you the same, The Heir of the company I work for, Tan is doing well he might plan a trip to Hawaii with his friends"

"Friends or just Chan Eun-sang?"

"My son might accompany him to with his girlfriend Bo-na, so I call it a Friends Trip."

"Sounds good, if they do it's on me, the whole trip"

"I could afford it"

"Don't worry you have to pay it back to me someday, It's a good feeling to hear you owe me one"

"Fair enough, I actually wanted to share with you something" his voice tone went a little low,

"Yes, go on"

"Actually I am seeing this lady"

"Lady, who? I really think you should start dating and plan to get remarried since I am not in Korea., Workload might have increased, but you must be in peace"

"Easter Lee"

"Ohh really, you should be careful she is a tough woman to handle "

"Yeah your right, but she really likes me"

"Okay, it's late now you should work and I should sleep, hope you guys don't mess up this time"

"Hopefully"

"Okay then, Bye"

"Bye".

A few days later weekend was coming up so I thought I should text Emma,

"Wanna hang out tonight?" I texted her, after a couple of hours I got a reply

"Sure, Where?"

"Zeus hotel?"

"It's a bit expensive if we split the bill" she replied.

"Do you have any place in mind?"

"Pick me up at 8 today I'll take you to someplace nice "

"Okay"