Chapter 22

Neil's pov

My first time attending Nutressa's party. Well, you can say it could have ended better...
No, I won't cut to the end like this, so let me narrate everything from the beginning about the day....

I picked up Pamela at around 8 pm from an alley one block away from her house. For some reason she didn't want to be picked from in front of her house, so I respected her wish. She was wearing a white midi dress with red prints and a side slit, and a red woolen cardigan. She looked stunning, as usual. My mind suddenly pictured her and her magazine cut-out fiancé walking hand-in-hand, looking like a power couple.
"Right, made for each other – can't even come close to that..."
But when we arrived at the venue, and walked-in together, every pair of eyes turned towards us, and stayed there, in awe. Can't deny, I felt smug, "Well, I'm not too bad myself..."

I made a quick scan around the room. "Hmm..not here yet, I see..". I smiled to myself.

I've never been to 'Oasis' before, but neither have the guests attending either. Most of them were busy admiring the decor of the huge mansion, while some others were already getting drunk and moving towards the dance zone. I felt thirsty, and was about to grab a drink myself, but stopped as I saw Robin approach me..

"Mr. Das", he smiled as he laid out his palm for a handshake, "or am I allowed to drop the formalities here and just call you Neil ?"

I took his hand and shook gently, "Whatever suits you, Sir." I smiled back. He laughed.

"I'll just let the honorifics drop. You're my sister's brother-in-law after all !" I nodded. "So, how do you find the party, about all the arrangements ?"

I quickly glanced over once again, "It's really very well-arranged. You have a very beautiful mansion right here Robin, the decors really suit the aesthetic of the mansion."

He seemed satisfied. "Glad to hear that really. Each year the party is hosted by my parents, but as you know, as the future CEO of Nutressa, I thought I should have a bonding with the employees. And what better way than to host a party by myself and connect with everyone personally ?" He took a sip out of his whiskey, and continued "but everything was hectic. To oversee all the arrangements myself was tough. Well, not everyone is as lucky as your madame, Miss Bose - having two assistants under her to oversee everything " He sighed, "...father always had a soft spot for her.. favouring her..." He got interrupted when some of his acquaintances called him. He patted my arm and excused himself. I just nodded and gestured him it's fine and he can attend his guests. His steps faltered a little when he turned, I fathomed he was already tipsy.

The number of guests was increasing and in this growing crowd I realized I have lost Pamela. i looked left and right but caught no sight of her. Just as I turned to see where Pamela had disappeared to, I paused in my tracks.... Finally, she was here ! The queen herself, in all her glory, gracing her surroundings, our Madame, Miss Bose !

Dressed in absolute red from head to toe, she looked stunning ! Her red dress clung tight to her body, hugging all her curves gracefully, her stiletto heels had so much sharpness it could cut through someone's throat, her white jacket may have protected her from cold, but could do little to hide how gorgeous she looked. Her black hair was left dangling on her shoulder, providing a stark contrast with the white jacket on which the hair was sprawled, and I realized this is the first time I've seen her with her hair left loose like this. Through the curtain of her black locks her silver-red earrings dazzled every now and then as she moved. Like a tigress plotting an attack on her prey, she moved extremely stealthily and gracefully, but immediately caught the attention of the party. Needless to say, everyone's jaw dropped, just like me when I noticed her.

Everyone was ogling at her, but she paid no attention to it. Her eyes were scanning the room - she was searching for someone. Then suddenly, as if feeling my gaze on her, she turned abruptly towards my direction, and spotting me, smirked her famous smirk. Then, almost strutting in those pointy heels, she advanced towards me.

As she came face to face with me, her smirk changing into a sweet smile (which I knew by experience, was fake), I watched her closely. Flawless, my heart thumped in a rhythmic beat. Even her fake sweet smile, if I didn't know any better, seemed so beautiful, one would lose himself into the curve of her lips. Then, suddenly realizing, I chastised myself, focus Neil, this isn't what you should think right now !

"You seem a bit astound, Mr. Das, as if you didn't expect me here ?" she smiled so sweetly, but her tone was obviously taunting.

I chuckled, it's time to checkmate her. "You can say so Ma'am- wait, it's not our office, and we are not even in office hours, so, I am allowed to call you Miss Bose, aren't I, Miss Bose ?"   She seemed offended, but didn't reply anything. I took the chance to continue, "You can say I was quite surprised - after all, I didn't really expect you'd actually take my bait !" I chuckled again.

She seemed very confused, "What ? What do you mean bait ?"

I continued, "You really did come, taking my bait. I am indeed surprised how much my words and my actions influence you, my dear Madame" now I was taunting her, and her face was worth watching. 

Realization dawned on her face and she froze, "So you, you knew- that I-"

"-that you were eavesdropping on us ? Yes, I knew and I purposefully threw a bait to see if you'd feed on that. But I really didn't expect you'd actually take my bait though.." I laughed again, remembering about that day, and also seeing her face, which now matched with the color of her dress.

**********

A.N : Hello everyone whoever is reading this, I hope you had a good day !

 Those who were waiting for this update, yes, it's finally here ! I'm so sorry I made you all wait for so long. My situation isn't well, I'm dealing with a lot of stress at present, but I'm recovering one day at a time. Please bear with me till then.

(p.s : not related to the story, but is there any Exo-l among my readers ? just wanted to know, as I'm an Exo-l too! let me know in the comments 😁🤞).