Chapter 3

Pamela's P.o.v

I stood there, stunned. I didn't hear what she said next. Only the first line replayed in my mind, again and again... "My driver will drop you"...... "My driver will drop you"... I was so surprised that the anger and helplessness I was feeling before completely vanished. "My driver will drop you", such a simple and unimportant sentence, still it felt so heavy coming out of her mouth. It means she is offering help, she is providing her car to my advantage. True that she was the one who got me in this situation at the first place, since my working hours were over, but it was not in Miss Bose's nature to provide help or comfort to anyone. And anyways, I got extra money for working overtime, and I had agreed to work overtime if situation requires me to.

But what was wrong with her?! Actually, correction - WHAT WAS 'RIGHT' WITH HER TODAY?!!! it was the second time today that she was being generous to me. Maybe she is sick or something, or maybe, she was trying to lure me into working, and after the work will be done, she will refuse any help. Yeah, that must be it...
I looked into her eyes to check her real motives, but she scowled at me, "Do you have anything else to say, Miss Sen?"  I understood immediately that she was annoyed at me. She calls me Miss Sen whenever she wanted me to leave her alone...... for my own good, of course. I realized it was better to leave before she strangles me with her rude insults...
"Umm.. No Ma'am, not anything, Ma'am."
I quickly ran towards my cabin.

After about 3 more hours of work, I let out a sigh of relief. Yay! The file was finished and I was free to go home for today. Suddenly, the words returned to my thoughts "My driver will drop you". I have accompanied Ma'am to various work related events in her car before. But those were solely for professional purposes. She has never before offered a ride in her car to anyone, let alone me. It was a big surprise for me to hear her say the words. Anyways, I got up and went to her chamber and knocked. I remembered pretty well how she scolded me today when I mistakenly entered her office without knocking.

"Come in!" the low but firm voice answered.

I braced myself. I do that everytime I need to face her. She somehow makes me nervous and her words make me cry. I don't know why she behaves so badly with everyone, like every person in this world has wronged her. I tried many times to search answers into her eyes, they say eyes are the mirror of the soul. True it is, her eyes are too deep to fathom, just like her soul.

I pushed the door open and entered the office. The complete white surrounding blinded me for a moment, and I had to adjust my eyes before moving another inch. Sonali Ma'am's favorite colour is black (I presume, with a year observing her and working for her) since everything in her life was black, starting from her reading glasses to her clothes and her car. The only exception to this fascination towards black is probably this office room of hers. I do not wonder, though, because it was probably not designed by her. I'm sure if she had the power to renovate this office building, she would definitely turn every inch of it black.

"Are you done daydreaming, Miss Sen, or is there anything else left?" her harsh voice welcomed me out of my reverie.

"S-Sorry Ma'am, y-yes ma'am," I stuttered. She always has this kind of effect on me.

"Very well, then, hand me the file." I handed her the file. Then only I noticed Vicky, Mr. Robin's secretary standing there, staring at her. I cleared my throat and greeted out of courtesy, "Good evening Vicky."

No reply. He didn't even look at me. I felt really awkward and repeated again, "Hello Vicky, good evening."  This time he heard it and his head abruptly shot towards me, indicating that he was unaware of my presence all this time. He was embarrassed and gave me a small smile, "Good evening, Pamela. Sorry I was lost in thoughts."

I gave him a cheerful smile. I knew he was attracted to Sonali Ma'am. I don't know how any man can have feelings for the person he is afraid of, but then it is also true that love is a crazy thing. And anyway, Sonali Ma'am was a gorgeous woman. Her aura was enough to make men go weak in the knees. I sometimes secretly wish to be like her, bold and beautiful. But then as soon as she opens her mouth to say something rude, my desires vanish into thin air.

I glanced at Sonali Ma'am who was totally oblivious of the stares of her admirer. She was checking the file I brought, probably searching for any mistake for which she can rebuke me. I felt pity for Vicky, he is really a sweet guy. But I also know, unless some miracle happens, Ma'am will not reciprocate the same feelings for him. And anyways, I don't think any man, let alone Vicky, can tolerate the temper of this incredible lady for the rest of his life. I internally wished Vicky a good luck for his future.

"I have checked the file and there doesn't seem to be any error. You can leave now, Pamela. "

Thank God, I was back to "Pamela" again!

"Ma'am, what about dropping me.." I doubtfully asked her.

"Ah yes, of course.. I have asked Manohar to drop you home. You may leave. You too, Mr. Vicky, I'll hand over this information brochure to the new assistant tomorrow when he joins. Thank you. "

I murmured a Thank You and left immediately, followed by the ecstatic looking Vicky. He occasionally visited this office, whenever Mr. Robin asked him to run some errands for him. The meetings with Sonali Ma'am were very precious to him. And since he is always so careful and meticulous, Ma'am behaves politely and patiently with him. Maybe that's why he likes her. Since she is so nice to him all the time, he never gets to see the real side of hers. Poor man! I really felt bad for him.

I returned to my cabin to gather my stuffs. I took my bag and glanced at the watch. It was 9 pm. I hurriedly left and as I went for the elevator, through the glass door, I saw Sonali Ma'am leaning on the desk working in a file, her eyebrows creased. How hard she works! When does she go home? I wondered. No matter how much I feel angry and annoyed at her, at the end of the day, the sense of awe and admiration is what remains in my heart for her.

A. N : Nothing to say today too.. There are no readers till now.. :-(  anyways, if someone reads this later on, the picture above is Sonali's car, Volkswagen Vento. It was Pamela's point of view today, our hero will take entry in the next chapter. ^_^