Chapter 6

Neil's P.o.v

I glanced back at the damage that I've done to the Volkswagen car back there. It was completely unintentional and I knew I should have apologized and paid for the damage. I looked for the owner of the car and my eyes met with a chocolate - brown pair of eyes that was almost red with anger. I couldn't check - out this woman due to the lack of time. But I could see she was pretty...... and angry too. She was shouting at my direction, probably asking me to pay back for the damage, but I mouthed a sorry and sped away.

Don't get me wrong. I might have a devil-may-care kind of attitude, but I am not that reckless as to not take responsibility of the mistakes I commit. And anyways, a guy like me would not leave any chance with a pretty girl. If situation would have permitted, I would have walked back to the lady, apologized in a manner in which she could forgive but could not forget me (wink wink) and would have asked her out for dinner to apologize in a proper way. Yes, I'm a complete gentleman, you see. Alas! Things were different, and I preferred getting to my office at the right time than making out ways to apologize to a woman.

By the time I reached the reception of the office it was 8:59.I gave the receptionist a heart-melting smile and asked for the chamber of Miss Sonali Bose. The receptionist's face paled as soon as she heard her name. She asked for my identity and purpose of my visit. After I told her everything, she directed the way up to the elevator and asked me to visit a certain Pamela Sen at the 12th floor. As the elevator moved to the 12th floor, I checked my watch. It was 9:01. Great! I'm almost on time..

As the door of the elevator opened and I stepped out, something crashed into me and momentarily I went blind... I staggered back and regained my senses. That's when I noticed the person who collided with me and I felt as if my eyes got stuck there...
I stared shamelessly at the girl sprawled on the floor, rubbing her arms. I couldn't help it! She was extremely pretty. And then she looked up at me... Oh My God! I felt as if I drowned in the bluish-grey eyes which were peeking at me curiously. A few strands had escaped from her half-tied golden- brown hair and fell gracefully on her pale skin. When she lowered her gazed and cleared her throat, I came back to my senses and realized I just acted like a pervert.

I bent down in front of the girl and extended my hand. She took it and stood up.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you coming. Are you alright? " I asked.

" Oh no, I'm sorry. I was the one in great hurry and I didn't really see you because of the pile of files... " She seemed embarrassed.

"Oh no, it's nothing at all," I noticed the files and papers scattered around her then, "here, let me help you."

I helped her pick up all the papers and arranging them in the files.

"Thank you so much. And sorry again." She beamed at me apologetically. Oh God! She has dimples too!

"Oh please, don't mention it. I was also at fault." I smiled back.

I suddenly remembered that I wasted a lot of time with her. Noticing that this girl seems like an employee here, I decided to take help from her.

"Hey, can you help me find the chamber of Miss Pamela Sen? "

She laughed, " Of course, that's me! How may I help you mister? "

I was overjoyed. This beautiful lady was the one I was looking for. God was being rather generous to me. I smiled widely at her.

"Hello, I am Niladri Das, Miss Bose's newly recruited assistant. Can you lead me to her chamber?"

Her eyes widened. She smiled at me again, but this time it was mixed with nervousness. Strange! Everyone turns nervous at the mention of this Sonali Bose. Is she a tyrant or something?

"So you are Mr. Das. Welcome to Nutressa, Mr. Das, " she extended her hand and I took it. She gave a gentle shake and let it go.

"Call me Neil. Now, please lead me to her chamber, I'm already late, I guess." I glanced at my watch, it was 9:15.

Pamela smiled nervously, "You're lucky. For the first time Ma'am herself arrived a little late. Though she's in a bad mood, I hope you won't have any trouble. Come, I'll show you to her chamber. Oh, in case you wonder, I'm Miss Bose's secretary."

I followed her to a room with multiple chairs placed on both sides and in front was a glass door which led to the chamber. On the door was a wooden plate on which was written with golden letters

Miss Sonali Bose
Director, Finance Management
Nutressa Group Pvt. Ltd.

I stared at the board for sometime, feeling rather excited to meet my new 'boss'. Pamela gestured at me to wait outside for a moment. She knocked twice and a authoritative voice came out, "Come in!"

Pamela pushed the door and entered. I tried to peep inside, but could saw nothing but some furnitures. After a moment or two, Pamela popped her head out and smiled at me. I understood the gesture and entered after her. This is it! Now is the moment in which you can ensure everything goes as charming as ever!  I told myself. I gathered all my confidence and plastered a big smile as Pamela began introducing me to Miss Bose,
"Ma'am, this is your assistant, Mr. Niladri Das", and she moved away from me, clearing the line of vision.

I stepped forward as Pamela moved aside and I came face to face with my new Boss............ And froze.
Sitting in front of me was the familiar lady whose car I scratched accidentally minutes ago!!! She too seemed surprised at first, and then her features formed into a sinister smile as she said out in a sing-song voice, "Well, well, well.. We meet again, Mr. Das...!"

I had a feeling nothing's going to be as charming after all.....

A. N: Hey guys (if there are still some benevolent people who read my story)! I'm updating this story really slowly, as I'm unfortunately suffering from 'Super Slothness Syndrome' (the alliteration though! ;-) ) I literally forced myself to update this chapter and therefore this chapter may suck! Please forgive for the mistakes!