Chapter 11

Pamela's Pov

I didn't listen, though. For the first time, I defied my boss. I was angry, and hurt, and sad and surprised. How can a lady be so cruel ? It was Neil's ideas, his plans, his hard work, but the credit ? the credit was given to Miss Sonali Bose. Given, or robbed rather...

So, I defied her. As soon as she left towards the stage where the credits were given to her, I wandered off. She didn't notice. The cast and crew of the show, Robert sir ,and all others were busy praising her for the amazing party she had arranged. Amongst this, she smiled and thanked like she deserved the praises. I marvel at how she sometimes makes me respect her and also sometimes hate her. It's almost like having an older step-sister.

Although the arrangements were superb, I wasn't being able to enjoy the party. Almost half of the population was of high-class businessmen and celebrities, the other half was of wanna-be celebrities. All were unfamiliar to me; it was my first business party since I joined 10 months ago. I was excited before, expecting good company in Neil, but in his absence was getting really bored. How I wished he was here ! I glanced at Miss Bose, who was busy smiling and chatting with some mediumly famous actors.

The round tables placed in the middle of the garden (where the party was arranged), were filled with celebrities and businessmen, chatting in posh voices and showing off their statuses. I decided not to join them and ignored the occasional glances of few men sitting with glasses of wine. The only available seats, away from the crowd, were at the bar counter. I suddenly felt myself thirsty, so I decided to have a seat there and have something to drink.

Drawing back a chair, I placed an order of a glass of water and a glass of soft drink. As I sipped my glass of drink, I contemplated how to escape this place as subtly as possible. Should I feign sickness? Or should I tell Miss Bose I have to get home early? She knew that my mother is a conservative woman,maybe she would excuse me ? Or should I lie to her that I have a date with my fiancé? No, it seems too personal to discuss with a boss. Even though she knows about Arjun, she does not encourage any personal matter in business. She herself never talks about her family, nor have I ever seen her with any friend.

I am usually not someone to escape from a party, I am very enthusiastic about these matters. But it was a different story now. I was too bored to stay,but I also didn't know how to escape from here. I was contemplating all this and sipping on my cold drink when I felt a presence beside me. At first I thought it was Miss Bose, so I straightened up immediately, but was relieved to see a middle-aged man. Leaning his elbows on the counter,he was mildly smiling at me, as if he was an old friend of mine. He looked almost 45-50 years old, but was quite handsome even in this age.

"What a lovely lady like you doing here alone ? You should be enjoying the party honey." His voice was smooth and sweet.
It was really awkward, talking to a stranger as if you are an old acquaintance, but he seemed like a nice person, so I didn't mind talking to him.

"Yeah, I just came for a drink. I am quite lonely here, actually, this is my first business party after I joined the company. I don't know anyone here,and was just deciding to leave..."

"... Oh no, honey ! You should mix with people rather than flee. But I understand your urge to leave. Oh jove, where are my manners ! Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Kabir Sethi,CEO of Sethi Groups of industries." He beamed

Honestly I never heard of this company before. But then,there are tons of factories and companies in Kolkata, of which I only knew a few. I smiled back and extended my hand
"Nice to meet you Mr.Sethi, I am Pamela Sen, I work in Nutressa."

He took my hand in his, his smile never falling. It became awkward and downright uncomfortable when he continued to hold my hand and smile at me. I tried to pull away as politely as possible, but his other hand came up too and with both hands he slowly began to rub smoothly, in a suggestive manner. I wasn't able to look at him, with embarrassment, shock and fear passing through my body. I could feel his eyes on me, and that smile was becoming creepy too.

"You know sweetie, you are a combination of hotness and beauty. I've hardly seen a beauty like you..." he said in a husky voice. He looked as if in a trance, while he checked me out head to toe unashamedly. While doing so, his grip loosened and I pulled my hand away quickly.

"I- I must go, I have some urgent work..." I took two steps back hoping to turn away and run, when he almost flung himself at me to stop me from leaving.

I braced myself mentally and physically to fight him off if he tries something funny, but suddenly a figure flashed and cane between us, shielding me from him....

A.N : Well well, this was a pretty short chapter, I know, but I decided to publish it as soon as possible because of my lovely readers/friends who wanted me to update soon.

In the last few days, this story has received a lot of love and support, and I can't thank you guys enough. Thank you soooooo much for supporting me by voting, commenting and adding it to your reading list. You guys are the best ! Love you, and  Thank you again.

Ps. Who do you hate more, that Robin or this Mr.Sethi?