Chapter 5

Sonali's pov

The rays of bright sunlight hit my eyes. I groaned and stretched on my bed and let out a small yawn.
A sudden realization hit me and I grabbed my phone. Oh Good God!! It was 8 o'clock! I never wake up so late! I remember working till late at night. My head started throbbing, I took my medicines and fell asleep. The side effect of the medicine must have kicked in, and I didn't realize the time. But my maid should have waken me up. I climbed out of the bed and looked for her.

"Bina! Bina! "

As soon as she heard me, she stumbled out of the kitchen towards me, almost falling down in the process.

" Y-Yes Didi! Did you need anything Didi? "

"What time is it?" I asked, annoyed but calm.

"Maybe 8, D-Didi, I - I have to check the clock.." she answered me, a little confused of my reaction.

"And at what time do I leave for the office?" I asked, keeping the same tone as before.

"Um, at 8 only, Didi." she said.

"Then why am I waking up at 8 today?!" I yelled.  She flinched, quite taken aback at my sudden outburst.

"I - I..." she stuttered, very much perplexed at my anger.

"Don't you think you should have waken me up when you noticed me sleeping until so late?!" I scolded.

She didn't say anything. I didn't want to waste any more time on her so I turned to leave. However, the soft voice behind me stopped me.

"Didi, I thought not to disturb you. You never take rest or relax, ever. I'm sorry but I thought maybe, just maybe, you wanted to relax today. I'm really sorry." her voice was filled with sadness and sympathy.

Just the things I do not want anyone to feel about me. Ever.

I didn't turn back at her, "Relaxation is for lazy people Bina. And you know I'm far from being lazy. Now go and lay my breakfast. You have only half an hour. Leave!"

Since I was late, I decided to keep my look easy and quick. I put on a black trouser and cream shirt. I didn't damp my hair and pulled them into a quick messy bun. I selected a black watch from my collection and put on the heels. I grabbed my purse and the coat and came out to the breakfast table. Bina was laying the dishes on the table, panting heavily. I looked at my watch.

"Good, Bina, exactly in half an hour."

She looked at me in amazement, gave me a bleak smile and left.

*********

I honked for the umpteenth time. My temper was crossing the mark of limit. Had anyone who knew me been present there, would have fled hundred kilometers away from me.
It was already 8:50 and I was still stuck in a stupid traffic jam. I may be the Head of a whole department, but these are the times that make me feel completely helpless and powerless.

I sat there, honking and shouting, and was just thinking about getting out and see the matter myself, when I heard a sharp screeching sound coming from the side of my car.
My head snapped at the noise and I saw a blue motorcycle, trying to get past through the small space between the cars. Due to the extremely small space, the bike must have been too close to my car and while trying to get past the space, have scratched the side of my car.

Rage coursed through me as I realized that the rider has caused a big damage on my beautiful black beauty (yes, that's my car, any problem?!).
I yelled at him to stop and come back. The rider of the motorcycle looked back at me. I couldn't help but notice that he was extremely handsome.
Yes, a beautiful specimen of Rascal! I told myself.
He mouthed a sorry, and sped away. I just stood there, stunned and furious.

A. N : Hello guys. I know this is a super short chapter, but I am running out of ideas lately and I am really busy right now.

Btw, who do you think the "beautiful specimen of Rascal" is? Guess guess.. ;-)

Thank you to all those who have helped me to get reads and votes. And thanks to anyone who is reading this story and tolerating my horrible attempt at writing :-P
:-)