Chapter 4

Neil's pov

My eyes fluttered open and gazed on the ceiling above me. Why is the fan grinning at me? I blinked. Suddenly I realized that I was in my little nephew's room. The fan was not grinning, it was the picture of the Disney Car that was grinning. I remembered I was playing with Ayan at night and fell asleep while trying to put him to sleep... I smiled slightly and glanced at the little boy sleeping soundly. I stroked his head and pecked his cheek.

And then my eyes fell on the clock on the bedside table.. Oh shit! I completely forgot, today was the first day of my new job. I have to be there at 9, and it's already 8:00. I immediately ran towards my bathroom. Thank goodness that my mother was an organized woman, she had prepared my clothes on the previous night. As I grabbed my clothes from Ayan's closet and hurried to my room, I saw my elder brother, wearing his grey suit and going downstairs.

My elder brother Akash, was the complete opposite of me. He was the more studious one, the more responsible one, the more serious one. He was a dutiful son, a responsible father and a loving husband. He was perfect in every way, and that was why I admired him and considered him to be my idol.

As soon as he spotted me, he burst into laughter, "Late again, pretty boy?" I rolled my eyes and hurried to my room. Take back the thing I said about me admiring him and all that.

By the time I came downstairs, it was 8:40. I realized that if I don't leave now, I will be very late. I stormed towards the door but abruptly jerked when a hand dragged me back. My head slammed to the other, and I steadied myself, rubbing my forehead. It was Ruby, my sister-in-law, who had dragged me back.

"Ow! What the heck Ruby?"

"You are not going anywhere without having your breakfast, Neil", she scolded me.

"I have to. You know the work starts at 9, I have to leave now or I'll be late. And you yourself told me that my new boss doesn't like being late. And you know how much I hate to upset a lady" I winked, giving her my thousand-watt smile. She rolled her eyes.

"You won't be late. Come and finish the breakfast. Knowing Sonali, I don't think she will give you a break for a long time, and I don't want you to starve till then." She pulled me towards the breakfast table.

'Nutressa Pvt. Ltd.', a food product- based company, is one of the leading companies in Kolkata. Mr. Robert Nandy, the owner and C.E.O of the company, is Ruby's father. Ruby's mother died when she was ten years old, and her father remarried two years later. His company developed after marrying Jennifer D'Souza, whose father was also a businessman. Jennifer was a widow who managed a large part of her father's business and was also a single mother to Robin, who was fourteen at that time. Robert considered Jennifer the perfect wife he needed - widowed like him, Christian like him. She also had a child, and he thought she could be a good mother to Ruby too. The company flourished after his marriage with Jennifer, and it continues till date.

It was Ruby's idea to get me a job at her father's company, which she herself did not want to join, despite his numerous requests. At last when Ruby contacted her father for a job for me, he gladly offered me the position of an assistant to the Director of the Finance Department. I was further amused when I learned my new boss was a woman, who was a close friend of Ruby. I was very confident of my charms, and was sure that my 'Boss' will be rather impressed by me.

However, Ruby didn't think so. She told me that Miss Sonali Bose was not a woman to be messed with. She also warned me that she may kick my ass and get me fired as she was very much loved by Mr. Robert. He considered her as his own daughter and Ruby didn't want to choose between me or her, since we both were the closest people in her life. I rolled my eyes and assured her that I won't mess things up.

By the time I finished my breakfast, it was 8:45. Only fifteen minutes left to reach there. I groaned and ran towards the garage.

"Take the car, if you like." I heard dad.
I ignored him and grabbed my bike keys. I might get stuck at the traffic if I took a car. I didn't want to waste even a minute.

As I took out my Pulsar bike out, I had a sudden rush of adrenaline coursing through me..

"Miss Bose, here I come! "

******

A. N: Phew! it took me so long to write. I really suck at writing male povs, but I tried to make it as good as possible. The pictures above are of Neil's house, and the ones just above are of the fan at Ayan's room and the other one is Neil's bike.

If anyone reads the chapter and likes, do press the star at the bottom and vote :-) Thank you!