Part 3: Training Starts

You had lived a comfy life with your new family, everything from before you passed out was forgotten, a classic case of amnesia.

You sat at the table with Frieda, you had gotten to know her really well and she had convinced her family of nobles: The Reiss Family to take you in. It had been a few years since then and you had found what you wanted to do with your life, now you just had to break it to them.

"So Y/N, why did you want to speak to me?" Frieda had cut to the chase and had almost immediately ruined any chance of easing into the revelation.

"I-I want to join the Cadet Corps..." You muttered out, you had heard of the destruction and loss of wall Maria, and you wanted to help get the land back. Not directly however, that would be far to dangerous, instead you opted to join the garrison regiment, that would allow you to take down a couple of titans and secure the opening pathway for the scouts who would be diving head-first into danger.

Frieda nodded, you could tell she was thinking about this very heavily.

"I'm not opposed to the idea, but promise me you won't join the scouts."

You nodded, joining them was a death wish, you understood that and weren't too keen to experience death.

"I won't, I can promise you that, as long as it's in my power I will not join them."

Frieda nodded, she knew that was the best she could ask for.

"I see, if this is truly what you want to do I doubt father or anyone else will stop you, however you can't go with the name of Y/N Reiss, it would only make your life hell there if people knew you were a noble. If you can think of another name for yourself by then all means do."

You looked down at your hand, you would be known as what you pick now for a large portion of your life. So you had to pick carefully, but you felt like you already knew the answer.

"L/N, I will be Y/N L/N."

Frieda nodded.

"Very well, I'm sure you know how to go through the sign up process, I'll leave you to your own devices as I assume that was everything." declared your elder sister as she rose from her seat and walked away, you in turn headed up to your room, thinking over the conversation.

Y/N L/N, yeah. I like that name.

_______________________________________

And that was how you were brought to where you were now, standing in-line with a number of different people all around you after a tearful farewell with your family.

"WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHAT'S YOUR NAME MAGGOT?!?"

You quickly saluted as you explained your name and purpose for being here.

"Y/N L/N SIR!" You saw a few people's stature change as you said your name. "WALL SINA, I'M HERE TO JOIN THE GARRISON REGIMENT AND AID THE SCOUTS AS WELL AS I CAN WITHOUT PUTTING MYSELF IN DANGER SIR!"

The instructor's face creased as he scowled.

"You'll fit right in with the rest of those lousy free-loaders!" The man spat at you, flicking you on the head as he moved along.

_______________________________________

"Hey, Y/N right? Y/N L/N?"

You turned to the voice, a boy similar in height to you with green eyes and short black hair jogged up to you, along with a pale-skinned black haired female and a yellow haired boy with deep blue eyes not too far behind.

"Yeah? What is it?" You questioned, something about those 3 felt weird, and you weren't sure why.

"Have we met before?" The boy asked, so he felt it too.

"I don't think so, you and what I assume to be your friends are definitely ringing some bells somewhere but I can't put my finger on it. It might be possible, however it's highly unlikely." You mused, putting your finger on your chin as you did so. Those three looked really familiar.

Odd, maybe I saw them on the street one day, could be anything really.

"Well, I'm Eren Yeager, this is Mikasa Ackerman, my adopted sister." The boy introduced himself and the female as he slung his arm around her, now they were ringing several bells in your head. "And this is Armin Arlert, my best friend."

"Well, pleasure to make acquaintances, I hope we can get along during our time here." You said, giving your generic response to meeting new people as you bowed and held your hand out. Which Eren promptly shook.

You felt something zap your hand, it was probably your mind playing tricks on you so you ignored it. You turned away and started walking towards the barracks, it would probably be better to set up before dinner, all hell would probably break loose then.

You heard someone mutter your name. Probably Mikasa, you ignored it and continued to walk away.

*Eren P. O.V*

"Y/N..."

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I turned to look at Mikasa, her eyes were watering.

"Hey, it's okay Mikasa, I know he has the same name and looks similar, but he's from Wall Sina and has a different last name, it was worth a shot, but now we know he's gone. Or at the very least not here." I tried to comfort my sister, she had been very emotional since Y/N's supposed death, even though she wasn't related to him at all, it was definitely a shock for all of us, I mean he just up and vanished. All he had to do was follow Mr. Hannes, but by the time we noticed it was too late.

"We should head to the Mess Hall guys, we wouldn't want to miss dinner." Armin quietly said, all three of us nodded as we headed off for the dining area. A plague of emotions festering within all our minds.

<==To be continued...===============