Part 6: The Battle For Trost (Part 1)

You wiped your brow, cleaning the cannons on a hot day really works up a sweat. You looked to your right to see Eren talking to people about them enlisting in the scouts. You weren't so easily swayed however.

Death is death.

Sasha wandered over to the group and revealed the meat she had stolen, it had been a while since you ate some, well at least from before last night.

You decided to pass, it wasn't worth being locked up for a sandwich. You turned back to continue working, the cloth doused in your sweat and the dirt of the cann-

*BOOM!*

Lightning had struck behind you as a giant shadow fell. You turned to the cause of the ruckus to see a titan of muscle and bone staring at you, not moving.

Steam threw you off the edge of Trost's wall, you heard a giant crash and looked towards the ground to see the wall had been breached.

You collected yourself and grappled onto a nearby tower, using your momentum to fling yourself far above the wall as you looked at what was happening:

Sasha had launched a wire into Samuel's foot and Eren was standing in front of the colossal titan, squatting as if he was about to jump at it.

He's not going to, right?

_______________________________________

You were proven wrong as Eren started sprinting, the colossal raised it's arm and swung at him, shredding the top of the wall as Eren barely managed to avoid it.

This dumbass is gonna get himself killed, I have to help him.

You grappled onto the titan's abnormally large chest and flew straight at it, you disengaged the hooks as you started gliding around the titan, Eren flanking the other side.

You and your classmate reached the nape at the same time and wound back to swing, what you hadn't expected was for large amounts of steam to appear and push back against you,  throwing your hook-less self far back.

You regained your balance and grappled onto the wall, the titan had vanished again, just like 5 years ago.

Wait a minute, why do I remember seeing it? I wasn't there.

"Eren, Y/N! Is he gone or did you take him out?!" Yelled Thomas.

"He got away, just like half a decade ago!" Eren called up.

"Don't worry about it, nobody blames you, we were scared stiff!" Re-assured the blonde.

"Dumbasses! Worry about it later, if titans get in we're all screwed!" Connie brought them all back to the situation.

"Cadets!"

A member of the garrison landed on the walls and you all quickly saluted.

"The colossal titan response operation is in effect, if you saw the damn thing head to HQ, we need all the info on it we can!"

"We pray the advance team will be successful!" Connie yelled out.

_______________________________________

You slid your gas canisters back into position, the 104'th were being sent out to assist the garrison in specific squads, everybody was going crazy and you knew a certain Yeager who would be excited beyond comprehension.

You stumbled into a argument between the teen and Jean.

"We were trained for this, what do you think the last three years were about!? We survived, we stared at death's jaws and lived, not everyone can say that can they? Some couldn't take it and ran or got thrown out. Hell some people actually died, but not u-"