Part 10: Another One?!?

You kicked off with Pedro, the 57'th expedition had finally begun and you weren't exactly pleased. You had already passed a titan less then a minute after leaving the walls.

"LONG RANGE SCOUTING FORMATION!!!" Erwin called, people started moving away and around you as the Spec-ops squad stayed where they were.

A hellish day for a hellish expedition...

_______________________________________

"Captain Levi, a message for you sir!" A scout rode up to the squad, he began to communicate with Levi, you managed to pick up bits of the conversation. "Front right... -ken out.. pass it on."

You put two and two together, you knew what that meant.

The right wing is down? Fucking called it, today was gonna be shit.

Levi sent off Petra to relay the message, you merely sighed and continued to ride.

_______________________________________

"Captain Levi sir!" Eren called.

"What?"

"We're in a forest sir, there's no way we'll see a titan until it's right on top of us!"

"No shit sherlock, that's the idea, the titans won't know where we are until they're right on top of us either." You answered for the captain, Eren was a fool half the time since he joined the scouts and it was excruciatingly annoying.

"Black smoke on our 6!" You called, the sound of a fired round was faint, but it was there.

"Blades drawn, the damn thing will be on us in moments." Levi ordered, for once you had no objections.

You pulled out your blades, continuing to ride in the same manner as Levi, you also revealed the blade on your ring, ready to transform at a moments notice.

_______________________________________

There was thumping, footsteps on the ground, you looked back to see a scout get side swiped and crushed beneath a titan's hand, it started running at you.

A quick duck and you had avoided the grab it made for you and Eren.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?" You yelled, this wasn't just a abnormal, or at least not in the range for usual abnormalities.

"CAPTAIN! ENGAGE ODM GEAR?!" Petra called out, Levi didn't respond, this wasn't going to go well.

More reinforcements appeared and were quickly dispatched by the titan, Levi still remained silent.

The squad was in utter disorder, people yelling things left right and centre, finally though, Levi decided to speak up, cryptic message as it was.

"Everyone, cover your ears." You weren't going to argue, you reset the blade and lifted your hands to your ears, waiting the impending sound.

*BOOM*

The round faded out, damn acoustic shots were more affective against humans then titans.

"Now listen up! The job of this squad is to keep Y/N and Eren alive, no matter what, got it?" Levi yelled, they were doing a fine job so far weren't they? "We keep going on horse-back, got it!?" 

More and more people will die though!

Just as you predicted, another three people came through and were quickly swatted to death.

"We have to help them!" Eren yelled.

"NO YOU FOOL, IF WE TURN AROUND SHE'LL GRIND US INTO THE FLOOR, THOSE SOLDIERS KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING, SO DON'T FEEL BAD AND KEEP PACE!" You yelled. "IF YOU'RE GONNA TRANSFORM THEN DON'T, YOU'LL ONLY GET YOURSELF KILLED!" Eren stopped raising his hand, the situation was tense but it was all you could do, disobeying orders now would surely result in some sort of issue, even if you did get out alive.