Part 4: Broken Gear

"Y/N please help, I can't just fail now, you're one of the last people I can ask, PLEASSEEEEEEE!!!"

Eren had been bugging you for the last 15 minutes to help him use the ODM gear. It was a surprise he hadn't already been kicked out, you sighed and finally caved in.

"Alright, fine! I'll help you with the stupid aptitude test, got it? Now leave me alone, I'll meet you in 20."

It was like someone had been told they could do anything. His eyes had lighted up and shone with excitement and glee.

"ARIGATO! You won't regret this Y/N!"

"I better not... Now scram, I need to get ready."

Eren was out of the room in an instant, you sighed. You pulled on a wooly sweater you had, it would probably be cold.

You grabbed your belt, you would probably need to use it as a example.

_______________________________________

"Alright, let's start from the top, new belt calibrations. There's a good chance a buckle is too loose."

Eren was on it in a instant. Quickly undoing all the buckles and re-doing them.

A glint caught your eye however.

"Eren hold up a minute, something looks off." You made your way over to eren, pulling on a clasp. It sprung off and flew into the night. "Faulty belt, use mine for now. A bad belt doesn't matter if you can't balance with a good one."

Eren was quickly hoisted into the air by his two friends. He was a bit wobbly, but he was upright.

At least he isn't entirely useless...

You sighed.

"Well I may as well tell the instructor you had a faulty belt, I'll tell him that you're practicing right now. Just stay like that." you set off, carrying Eren's belt.

_______________________________________

"I see what you mean, I guess that explains his incompetence with the ODM gear, good eye L/N."

You nodded. Quickly looking back before you shut the door.

"Eren's out there right now, he's using my belt currently but he seems to be upright. You can take a look if you want."

Keith nodded, looking down at the belt while writing something down. You decided to head back to the barracks, no good would come from you staying up any longer.

<==To be continued...===============