Christmas 2021 Special

Yo, this is a special for Christmas 2021. I will be doing these every year (probably this one only, I'll be finished by next year) and they will have no relation to the current events of the book. That being said. Enjoy!

(also ik this is early, stfu)
_______________________________________

Time: Cadet Corps (Christmas, first year of training)

Titan status: Unknown

Current skill level: Mikasa post battle for trost+

Your boots clacked on the cobble path as you made your way towards wall Sina. Snow was fluttering all around you and your breath was warm in your face.

You had been given Christmas off, along with the rest of the cadets. Some decided to stay at camp and others decided to see their families, you were one of these many, although you would be back before the Christmas party started.

You shivered, even under your exquisite fur coat and cadet cape you were still cold. Shame that they didn't make these things with the intention of winter-wear, although you did have winter gear for that you supposed.

15 men on a dead man's chest, Yohoho and a bottle of rum!

You whistled the tune of the song to yourself, it had been stuck in your head for a few days now and it was somewhat pleasant to repeat it while walking.

You turned a corner and started to grin with glee, one of your favourite cafés (or the equivalent of a café) was right in front of you and seemed to be mostly empty.

A bell tinkled as you stepped inside, the warmth of the building encompassing you immediately.

You were shortly recognised by the owner of the business with a wide grin.

"Y/N! It has been so long! How's the military life treating you?" The short man walked up to you, shaking your hand.

He wasn't quite a family friend, but he was closer to it then anyone else you knew.

"You know, the usual. Wake up at 6, train, bed by 10. Simple if not tiring."

The man nodded eagerly as he made his way behind the counter.

"So I assume you want the usual?"

"Not today, I just decided to drop by before visiting Frieda and the others. So just a drink for today."

The man pulled out a glass and filled it with a murky brown substance.

"You know this stuff is very hard to come by, right?"

You nodded, the man continued explaining.

"We can't seem to grow it within the walls, so it was probably from the world before the titans wiped out humanity. In a entirely different climate, that is to say that what you drink now probably won't be available in the next few years."

The man placed the glass down on your table, grinning as he did so.

"But that means we should enjoy it while we can, and since it's Christmas, it's on the house my friend!"

You thanked the man, drinking the hot chocolate as he turned back and continued cleaning other glasses.

_______________________________________

You pulled up your hood while opening the door, turning to the short man once more.

"Thanks for the drink Jona, I'll be on my way now. Merry Christmas."

The man waved as the door shut behind you and snow covered your body, leaving footprints as the only evidence you were ever there at all.

<==To be continued...===============

Hi, merry Christmas and stuff. Stay safe.