Thirty Seven

DEMI
(POV)

"Ready for the bidding, darlings?" Auntie Yna excitedly great us as she kisses both our cheeks.

Bidding. A Fundraising for every bachelorettes/ bachelors to be auction for a date. The cause will be donated to auntie Yna's choosen charity. For tonight it was for victims of domestic violence. It was an annual thing for auntie Yna after his husband died. They met at a fundraising event too.

"Never been this excited!" Kai said. "I can't wait witnessing this time around"

I shove her with my elbow. She looked at me innocently and smirk "What?"

I racked my brain trying to think of anything i could have say to make her stop and came up with nothing.

She's making fun of me about what happen last year. I told her about a time i had to spend my day to a obnoxious spoiled brat. The college kid was a son of a well-known tycoon. He asked me to accompanying him, making his ex girlfriend jealous at a coffee shop near his university. Oh boy. I wasn't prepared to be humiliated again. The girl cried attacked me spilling her boba tea drink on me. That was a horrible sight. The boba pearls was stuck to my hair down to my white sunday dress. Kai had to get me out of there before i'll end up for sure to jail.

"Ohh. to be young and beautiful" Auntie said with her longing eyes. Seem like she remembers her past.

"You're still young and beautiful auntie" i said
You're still rocking at sixty."

"Thank you dear." Auntie Yna said as she pat her hand at the back of my hand.
"You're great as ever. That's why i always tell Luke that you're perfect to be my daughter-in-law"

I froze while Kai chuckled at my side.

Not again.

"She's perfect for sure auntie" Kai teasing me as i gave her a death stare.

"That would be delightful." Auntie Yna laugh showing her small wrinkles near her eyes.

From the distance. We saw Luke wearing his dashing maroon suit at their grand patio. He was looking for someone when he saw us, he gesture something to her mom.

"Well ladies speaking of Luke, He's looking for me right now. I better go before he drag me there."

"Go, auntie. We'll be fine on our own." I smiled

"Enjoy ladies" Auntie Yna step away from us to cater her other guests.

"How do you feel having 2 mother in law?" Kai whispered.

"Not a word." I hissed

She laugh as she walk towards our table.
" Oh Demi. You're as blind as a bat"

_

BRIGHT
(POV)

Flashback
Guy tapped my arm to stop me from standing up.
With a wide toothy grinned he said
"I got this Nong. Just watch and learn."

I raise both eyebrows in doubt as he snap his knuckles as he walk confidently as if he's going to fight in an arena.

Is he out of his mind?
We're suppose to talk to her together.

I gripped the armchair tightly as i watch Guy lean on the counter with his infamous confident grin. His creepy grin and hot headedness always get us in trouble.

We are screwed.

I can't heard watch they are talking but the lady was not amused.

What's taking him so long.