Twenty Nine

DEMI
(POV)

I can feel the hotness of the weather as my sweat drips down my temple. It is 1 in the afternoon on hot Wednesday. I'll be spending my time here at my grandma's house. Making the last pot that i need for the shop.

Lola Ritta, my mom's aunt was the one who taught me everything i know about pottery. She's a independent and free spirited but never married.

I always visit her during summertime to escape my mom's nosiness and summer classes that she wants me to participate. Those were the days when i come and visit here in Chiang Mai to accompanying her making pots and animal sculptures. Eating watermelon in her balcony or painting at the nearest beach rocks. That was our bond. Just the two of us.

My happy summer ended when she died when i was 13 years old due to liver failure. In her will, she left me her beloved house and her small pottery business which my mom expected it to happened.

My mom was the one managing the house while I tag along when i have seminars and workshops here in Thailand. She also hire people to take over grandma's pottery business and she left it to me after i permanently moved here. I'm lucky the few people she hire was still the people i trust to handle the business when i'm out of the city.

I visit it for a few times and if i want a quiet place to spend my time for a while. My grandma's house was my first home here. It made me feel alone for awhile living on my own. But when Charlie convinced me to move near them and Kai moved in together with me it become bearable.

I practice my pottery skills in the house when i have time and i never did stop practicing. It's my form of remembering grandma and our memories. She made me appreciate the good things in life and art.

Today, I had to be at my grandma's place to sort things out.

P' Nan, the person how take over the shop, had a accident. She and her daughter P'Beam was hiking when she fell and sprain her ankle. Thankfully the doctor said it was not severe but it will take a few months to heal. As the owner it's my responsibility to take her place while she's resting.

I decide to stay here for now and check the place too. Plus i want to divert my attention to my overwhelming thoughts too.

I had to cancel participating a 3 days event where they will feature couple of young artists and content creators for a charity event. I was chosen to be the one of the speaker and show my art piece. I turned it down and donate one of my painting piece instead which Luke was not happy about.

Then after my talk with Bright the other day.
I was relieved but annoyed at the same time. When i saw him with her in the social media, I don't know why I can't control my thoughts. The clips of them together with Gorya popped up in my feed and it sometimes cloud my mind.

I wiped the sweat in my temple with my forearm. When I saw familiar figure standing at the lawn outside the open pottery studio made of bamboo in my grandma's backyard.

I raised my knitted eyebrows with confusion. I stop the pottery wheel from spinning. Squinting my eyes to see clearly.

Bright?

"Vachirawit!
You sneaking guy!" I squeal surprisingly at him which made him laugh.

"I thought you'll be back next week?" Wiping my hand to the cloth next to me

"I wanted to surprise you but i was the one surprised"

He put his one hand in his pocket and walk towards me as i nodded.

"How do you know i'm here?" I said confused
"And who let you in?"

"The gate was open which is dangerous by the way."
He sat beside me staring at the dirt of my face.

"Kai said you're be here in your grandma's house"
He wiping it with his palm and looked at me in my eyes with a raise eyebrows

"Yes. I have to stay here for a while." I told him

"Can i have a welcoming hug?" He asked

I smug at him. "I don't know. After all the hugging you've done when i'm not around. I don't if i let you again"

He shakes his head amused then hug me against my will. I hate it that i still let him.

"Oh babe. Seeing you this jealous—"

"–I'm not jealous" i said calmly

He chuckled

"–i not jealous Vachirawit." I insisted

"So stern."

"Stop teasing me." as i wanted to remove my body from him but he tightened his arm around me.

"Bright, i'm disgustingly sweaty!"

"I don't care"

He sighed calmly as he tucked his chin on my shoulder that made me stop. The brief silence made my heart relax.

"Babe. To others, they have to ask me to do it. but with you, i do it by heart, not by duty"

"So lame" i mutter
"You're quoting you're old series"

As his laughed vibrate at me which made me lip curved in to smile.

"It's the first time comes to mind. I didn't know you memorized my lines by heart"

He removed his hand and ruffled my head while smiling at me while I gave him a stern eyes but my blushed cheeks that i can't be contained.

"Who wouldn't know when your always trending on the internet."

The conceited man just smirk at me.

Why he always caught me off guard?

"What these luggages for? Are you moving in with me?"
I asked him teasing with my head tilted and raise eyebrows facing at him. Wiping my hair with a dry towel after taking my afternoon bath.

Bright is sitting in the couch in the living room busy with his phone. I pointed him the 2 black luggages near the shoe rack at the front door.

He laugh amusedly.

"You didn't know?"

He grabbing my hand to sit with him the couch then he removed the towel from me and he continue wiping my hair.

If the fans only knew how mischievous his true nature is,
i'm sure they will be shocked.
Those stoic face he shows in public is only a facade.

"Stop messing with me"
I pinch his side with a glare.

"Ahw! Babe I didn't know you're a sadist"
He laughed made him move to the side of the couch with his two hand raise to surrender while I rolled my eyes at him

"Okay fine."
He sighed proudly still wiping my hair back
"I invite myself in."

"But I didn't invite you?"

He stop wiping and pinched both my cheeks mischievously.
"Well you don't have a say about this"

I laughed how lame his comeback is.

"I had a 3 days break. So, I want to spend it with you."

"For a 3 days break? You need 2 large luggages?"

"Yes cause I brought my old ps4 with me"

I shake my head amusedly.
He so ridiculous.