Twelve

DEMI•
(POV)

"I'll just put this on a vase. Help yourself." As i gesture him in the living room.

He nod and walk towards the coffee table in the living area, placing the pizza box on top. As i went to the kitchen, open one of my cupboard to get my clear round vase to put the flowers near the kitchen sink.

"Is it okay if i looked around?" he asked from the living room

I closed the cupboard and answered "Sure. Just don't touch the painting. It's still wet"

"Okay"

I breathe in. And went to the sink.

Okay. Relax Demi.
This is not a big deal. It's just Bright.
The one who always on your mind, lately.
Here in your house! In the living room!
This is normal! Bright Vachirawit in your house normal!

Breath out slowly to calm my nerves.

"What do you like to drink? I only have water, tomato juice and a can of light beer." Opening the fridge to get us something to drink.

"A water will do." I grab two as i looked around to where he was.

He is standing in front of my easel with his one hand on his side pocket and the other one on his chin scratching an invincible stubble. Focusing on the huge canvas.

Lost with his own thoughts.
He looked like a picture from a one of the magazines hidden under my bed. Literally.

I walk towards him. Place the cold water in his left cheek as he flinched and made him looked at me.

" A penny for your thoughts?" I smile at him teasingly and gave him the beer.

" thanks." Grab the bottle of water and open it.

"Is this piece part of your exhibit?" He asked

I nod at him. "Yes. This is the last one of it."

"This is amazing." As if he was mesmerized by it. Bright's eyes is shining brightly as he stares to the painting again. Absorbing it fully.

There's a splash of red, black, white with a touch of the bewitching bit and pieces gold details in this painting. It's a huge portrait of a elderly couple.

I got inspired by a sweet couple of elderly men arm to arm, when i was walking in a park a month ago.

It was breathtaking to watch. Showing their genuine love for each other as their eyes sparkles intimately as they talked. They were sitting on the wooden bench, lost with their own world in the warmth of morning sun.

I want to capture it in my memory. I took a photo secretly then talk with them briefly, curious by their story. They were kind enough to share their love story and allow me to paint them in my canvas.

I was blown away on how they fight for their love against all odds. Growing old together, In a society who believes their judgement are far more superior than the others and cruelty to those they think less deserving. It's a pity that it still exist in this world.

"How can you come up with something great as this?"

It made me skip a beat. It warms my heart. Nothing beats the feeling of satisfaction when someone or your bias (you didn't expect) appreciate your work that you work hard for.
I got lost in the moment. I didn't notice my eyes are getting moist, a little tear from my left eye swell.