Sixteen

DEMI
(POV)

Fixing my navy green cargo cap and my eyeglass as i exit from my car at the under ground parking with a donut box in hand to make peace with my mom.

Walking cautiously towards the elevator, observing if there are Bright's fans are in the area to kill me.

I'm still shocked to know i'm trending in twitter. Some people said nice things about my exhibit and my art, others are pissed off as why I'm close to the famous duo. At first they let it slide but this time, I don't know now.

I even used my Brightwin acc just to know if they are searching for me now. I'm terrified of their capabilities. They can track and trace me in one single snap.

I picked my phone from my front pocket to check who calling me.

Mom.

"Where are you? I just went out with your auntie Maria and you're gone? Are with Bright?" Mom said in her highpitch voice.

I sighed "Ma, I went to Charlie. I dropped by to give your souvenir for Mace. I'm in the parking area. I'm heading up now"

"Okay. Good. Hurry up and we need to go somewhere."

"Okay i brought your fav–
She hangs up on me.

I take a deep breath to relax myself.

Mother. Is being menopausal this unpredictable?

Putting my earphone on my left ear as i entering to the elevator and press my floor key. As the door close. A lady in a hurry jog towards the elevator to stop it from closing.

"Wait!"

I push the key to stop.

"Thanks."

She said panting as she enter the elevator carrying a bag full of groceries. showing her beautiful smile.
She's wearing a bucket black hat, white flowery dress with oversized black denim jacket and white converse.

I never knew there are young people living here. This place is far from universities.

"You're welcome."

I smile at her briefly and asked pointing the elevator keys.

She looked at it and said sweetly "I'm in the same floor." looked at surprisedly.

Oh. Same floor?

I nodded. Cleared my throat. Putting my left hangging earbuds on my right ear. Lean on the side of the elevator wall.

She looked at me strangely as i saw the reflection on the wall, Pretending I was listening to my earphones.

When i heard whispering in my side.
"Oh! You never guess who my neighbor is!?" She whispered enthusiastically.

"Meimei O."

I froze.
Does she know i can hear her?
Is she one of their fans?

I continue listening and close my eyes.

"No kidding!"
"Yes! She's in the elevator with me."
"Proof? Why would i?"
"What? I can't ask her that!"
"Oh.... I'll try but please don't tell anyone. Okay talk to you soon."