Two

•BRIGHT•
(POV)

"I know that Phi. I'm sending the copy first thing tomorrow." Told my business partner Off.

"Okay Nong. I'm counting on you. Win told me you're in Tay's wife bar now?" He asked nosily

F*ck! Win really is a blabber mouth. I specifically told him not to tell the guys about this.

"Uh Yes. Just to check something".

Off laugh like he knows i'm lying and said.
"Yeah right. Check something... or someone?."
Then he laughs again.

"Screw you Of—!" He cut me off just like that

Never got a chance to finish what i said. I can't help but shake my head. My friends are like a nosy aunties around the neighborhood. They have eyes and ears in every corner of the place. I put my phone in my front pocket and return to the bar area.

There are few men watching checking her out. Who wouldn't. She's the only lady here who doesn't care to wear skimpy clothes just to be notice. But still attracts attention just by simply sitting there drinking alone. On her own world.

What's on her mind though?

She's not aware nor want to care about men around her. She was rising her hand to get the bartender's attention when all of sudden she passed out on the table. Knocking out some the shot glass near her.

When i got near her the Bartender named Troy try to wake Demi but i stopped him. Sitting beside her. I removed my cap from my head and he was shocked when he sees me.

"Sir Bright! Sorry I didn't notice you earlier." Troy apologize touching his back neck shyly.

"It's okay Troy. You can return to your post now." I Answer. He hesitated at first then said.

"But Madam Moi said to keep on eye on her. I saw you're picture on her phone. Is she your girlfriend sir?"

I looked him then looked at her and answered.
"Yes"

Would he know if i'm lying?

"Ahh.. So she's telling the truth all along." Troy nodded his head like he realized something.

I looked back at him with questioning eyes. Then he added

" Oh sir! She love you so much that every time she hangs out here alone. some guys would hit on her; she would always tell them you are her boyfriend showing your picture on her phone. Some would laugh, some would mock her."

He scratched his head and added

"I sometimes wonder why would she do that though? Oh! I said too much."

My curiosity got the best of me i asked him
"How long she'd been doing this, Troy?"

"It's been... more than a year, Sir Bright"

I snicker at him and said
"Thanks Troy. You can go back to work now"

The corners of my lip turned up while staring at her face.

•DEMI•
  (POV)

My head hurts. I can feel the dryness of my throat. I move my hands under the pillow then my sides searching for my phone around the mattress while eyes closed.