2. Claws and fangs

Viridian

Lyris was unaware of the searing stare that Viridian threw on his limp body.

"Is he going to be okay?" Malek asked the witch that helped control the banshees' movements a while ago.

"Yes, he'll be fine, but he is going to be unconscious for a while. He ought to wake up in a day or two," Tolen explained, patting Malek on the shoulder before exiting the infirmary.

Malek turned to look at Viridian at the doorway.

The werewolf made sure to maintain a blank face while speaking with the likes of Viridian.

"Thank you for your assistance back there, we appreciate it." Malek expressed his gratitude, looking solemn.

Viridian only nodded.

"Do you know why they came after him?" The vampire asked.

Malek kept quiet, wondering if he should reply directly the truth, or beat around the bush.

"He's next in line for Alpha, although there are other competitors. Everybody knows he'll win." Malek spoke with caution.

"It has to do with his rank?" Viridian asked, his voice deeper than usual.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think it has something to do with that." Malek replied, not taking his eyes off his cousin.

Viridian ran a hand through his hair and stood straight.

"Alright, I'll see you around." He muttered, and left the infirmary with one last look at Lyris.

He met with Tolen outside the infirmary, who was waiting for him patiently.

"You good?" Tolen asked cautiously, not wanting to pull the wrong string.

"I'm good."

Tolen frowned, falling into step beside his friend.

"Bruh come on, you're lying. I'm a witch, I pick up on things, you should know that by now."

Viridian looked at the witch and rolled his eyes.

"And I can still snap your neck."

"You've been saying the same shit for four years man," Tolen chuckled.

It was no secret that Viridian didn't socialize. Tolen had been bored enough to befriend a vampire during detention one day.

"So, what's up? What's got your fangs anxious?"

Tolen asked, looking at his friend expectantly for an answer as they walked.

Viridian then sucked his fangs back in, bringing his sunglasses down from his head and wearing it over his eyes.

"I feel fucking restless, it's ridiculous." Viridian muttered.

"What do you think it's because of?"

"Probably the crappy ass ice cream you bought me last week."