Tilted view (extra)

Viridian

Lyris was anxious.

Viridian was angry.

All because of a game of cricket.

Malek suggested that they play some cricket to pass the time since they were not going to school, and the rest agreed because it sounded better than doing nothing.

So here they were, in the empty playground within Hayari, playing cricket.

The boys invited all their schoolmates within the pack to the playground, and many of them turned up. Partly because people were curious to see Viridian.

Viridian and Lyris had the privilege of leading teams A and B (by the majority of votes) that were playing against each other, coming up with ridiculous names for their teams.

"Suckers, are we ready?!"

Malek, who was teamed up with Viridian, yelled.

Lyris snorted at Viridian's team's name.

"The duality of that name makes me want to crack up," Linga laughed, standing with the audience, making few of the girls his age look at him in annoyance.

He was a member of Hayari and attended the same school as Lyris and the rest of them. He's said to be the youngest out of all the boys and girls.

"Shut up, Li," Rama, his twin, yelled from the boundary, narrowing his eyes at his brother.

"Your team is going to fucking lose, you wait and watch."

Linga said and flipped Rama off.

Sledging was common in one day matches, but the boys sledge each other even when they're not playing.

"Boys, head in the game, this is the last over, don't get distracted."

Shanu yelled, crouching behind the stumps.

She was the only girl who wanted to play, whereas the rest of the girls insisted on looking on and watching the game from the boundary.

She was positioned as the wicket keeper from Viridian's team.

Lyris was clutching the bat tightly in his hand, sweating.

Malek was fielding and Tolen was the second batsman.

Viridian looked absolutely focused as he ran his fingers over the red ball, contemplating whether a spin ball or a short ball would work best on Lyris.

He had every intention of winning the game.

The vast and usually empty ground was now filled with eager teenagers who wanted a win desperately.

Both the Suckers and Survivers had equal chances of winning the game.

Three sixes out of six balls. I can do it.

Lyris chanted in his hand, his anxious self feeling confident all of a sudden as he continued to motivate himself.

He adjusted his helmet and gloves, and hit the bat on the ground lightly, getting ready for Viridian's bowling.