11. Kidding me

Lyris

"You were playing hide and seek eh?" Lyris asked slyly, chopping the vegetables loudly in the cabinet's kitchen as he avoided looking at his mate.

"I didn't want to worry you."

Viridian breathed out, leaning on the doorway of the kitchen, running a hand through his hair, suppressing a groan.

Lyris received word from his uncle the day after the inaugural that Viridian had taken care of the lone wolves around their border. The werewolf was angry that Viridian didn't fill him in on the lone wolves, but chose to lie to him about it.

Lyris said nothing as he chopped the carrots agitatedly.

"Don't be angry with me," Viridian murmured, walking forward and standing behind his mate, slowly wrapping his arms around his waist.

Lyris paused, his hand with the knife hovering mid-air as he processed what was happening.

His mate was hugging him, and was being adorable at the same time!

A smile pulled at the corner of his lips, but he hid it from his mate who was too concerned about him being cross with him.

Lyris decided to play around a little.

He sniffed, covering his face, and titlting his lips downwards.

Viridian froze momentarily before tightening his arms around his mate and nuzzling his head.

"Don't cry, I'm sorry," Viridian whispered, his voice oozing guilt and worry.

Lyris smiled behind his hands and continued to sniff.

Viridian sighed and hugged his mate tighter.

"Ly?"

"H-hm?" He sniffed.

"Are you faking it?"

"N-no! Why would y-you think that?!"

He fake sobbed.

"Oh really?" Viridian smiled and forcefully turned his mate around in his arms, who giggled loudly upon being caught.

Viridian pinched Lyris' cheeks with a lazy smile on his face while the latter remained trapped between his mate and the kitchen counter.

"I'm sorry though," Viridian muttered, looking down.

Lyris smiled lightly, feeling a sudden burst of energy.

"It's okay," he kissed Viridian on the cheek and turned back, continuing to chop the carrots with a smirk on his face.

He seemed to know the effect he'd have on his mate.

Viridian was too stunned to react.

He'd become more affectionate around his mate, and he was taking baby steps along with Lyris in their relationship. He had no knowledge of true affection and any kind of bond until he met his mate who seemed way too patient for a werewolf, always happy to help Viridian learn his way around trust and affection.