41. What a strange reality

Lyris was looking around at the chaos around him as he stood on all fours. Somebody had even set fire to a cabin and it was burning down, lighting up the field.

This is not what I want.

Viridian looked over at his mate, a subtle glance before he had to snap the neck of a banshee that flew at him.

This is not what I want.

Lyris repeated in his head, and phased back to his human status.

All the werewolves and vampires were high on alert. They immediately received a message from their transmitter from Malek saying that they needed to keep their eyes on Tolen and that if they even get the slightest chance to rescue him, they should take it.

"We should stop." Lyris muttered.

Now don't get him wrong, Lyris wasn't weak-willed, but a battle didn't seem like the right way to go about things.

This is not right.

Lyris' head was echoing back his own words until he approached the leader of the Banshee Clan, his head held high. There was blood flowing from the side of his temple and he felt like he would pass out any time now but he was stubborn.

Viridian kept an eye on his mate and watch Lyris stand in front of the woman.

"I want to stop this battle."

The woman scoffed, lifting a brow. "Why? Finally realized you'd lose?"

Lyris shook his head. "You don't get it."

"We're in the middle of a battle and you want to chat?" The woman sized him up and down, arms crossed against her chest.

Lyris bit the inside of his cheek.

"You know fucking well that we will win." He said that with so much confidence that made the woman doubt her actions.

"Then why do you want to stop?" She prodded, glancing at Tolen laying behind her.

"Do you see how many men of yours are dying? And for what? For the measly fact that royals exist?"

"You hold too much power. This battle is to merely test your strength." The woman concurred.

Lyris eyes narrowed and if eyes could kill, the woman would be slit into pieces.

"Have you heard of atomic bombs?" Lyris asked.

The woman went wide eyed but pulled herself together. "The ones used in the wars ages ago?"

"Yes, there's this advanced atomic bombs, called Supernova. Have you heard of it?"

The woman shook her head. "Are you trying to threaten us, Hatchet?"

Lyris shook his head. "No, I just wanted to let you know that I won't hesitate to use it."

The werewolf was bluffing through his teeth. There was no atomic bomb called Supernova.

"It's the size of a mustard, but it's impact? Instant kill, mass destruction, it would take more than ten decades to recover from it. But I like to carry it in my pocket all the time."

He dug around his pant pocket until he found a nano ball.

"If I just throw this-" he raised his hand.

"RETREAT! ALL OF YOU RETREAT!"

The banshee staggered back a couple of steps, and they left as soon as they came, one by one, the banshees, the hunters, none of them were in sight in five minutes.