18. Two mates

Lyris bit his finger nails, thinking about his mate as he sat on the window sill of one of the pack offices in the first floor, as soon as he came in.

He tried to see his mate from there but he could only see them until they went inside his futuristic house that his mate was not a very big fan of, and right near it was their condo which he so badly wanted to go to but he willed himself to stay rooted in the pack house.

"What are you doing?" Kingsley asked, entering the office.

Lyris sighed and reluctantly moved away from the window and sat down on one of the chairs, looking lazily at Kingsley.

"Viridian is meeting her," he mumbled.

Kingsley nodded slowly, leaning on the threshold of the office.

"I understand that you want to rip her throat out, but remember this plan was your suggestion, Lyris."

Lyris narrowed his eyes at Kingsley.

"I know that, but that doesn't mean I have to play nice, she and her pack were obviously spying on us," Lyris retorted.

"Yes but she doesn't know that we know that."

"Whatever."

Lyris could hear how irritated he himself was about this whole ordeal, but he had his pack's best intention in mind and not to mention, his mate's too.

"Look, I know I sound like a kid, but this is my mate we're talking about, I just can't be okay with it." He explained.

"Nobody is expecting you to be okay with it Lyris, and why aren't you using your transmitter to listen in on them anyway?"

"Because what if she actually ends up being his mate? I don't want to stick around to hear that stuff."

Kingsley rolled his eyes.

"Come on, just switch it on, we'll at least get a clue--besides, like you said, it's Viridian we're talking about, he can handle it."

Lyris tried not to let Kingsley's words lure him into switching on his transmitter, but he did it anyway, because as much as it was about his mate, it was also about his pack.

--

"So? You're a vampire huh?" Tiserdel said, twirling her hair, sitting on the couch.

"Welcome back," the couch greeted, making her jump.

"It's fine, you can sit back down, it's the latest model," Viridian explained about the couch.

Tiserdel looked around and sat back down.

"You sure like the modern era a lot," she said, trying to show off her cleavage by dipping her neck low and pulling her shirt down.

She had a lot of skin on her.

"Uh yeah, sure." Viridian said.

He remained standing on the other side of the living room, studying her.

He couldn't deny the fact she was hot, but he was not attracted to anybody except Lyris, and she could never even come close.

"Do you want something to drink?" Viridian asked, trying to come off as polite.

Tiserdel nodded.

She wanted to capture Viridian's attention in an eccentric manner and she was trying really hard to be more approachable and open.

Viridian grabbed her a glass of juice from the counter and handed it to her, and she made sure that their fingers made contact.

"I'll cut to the chase," he said, sitting on the couch opposite to her, "why are you here?"

Tiserdel frowned.

"What do you mean? You're my mate." 

Viridian rolled his eyes.

"Look here blondie, I'm done playing nice," Viridian's hand was around her throat in a second, squeezing her wind pipe. "What's your business with this pack?"

Tiserdel's face was turning red.

"I-I told you we're m-mates."

Viridian pulled away.

"What a load of crap," he shook his head, swiftly bringing out a knife from the kitchen and holding it to her throat, drawing blood.

"I'll ask you again, what is, your purpose here?"

Tiserdel was crying at this point. She had never felt this threatened in her entire life and even she has seen and killed her fair share of supernaturals. Something about Viridian just snapped once he sat down in front of her.

"Your blood," she sputtered, coughing up blood.

Viridian cocked a brow.

"Well, now I can't let you have that now can I?" He held the knife closer to her throat.

"W-wait, I can help," she tried to pull his hand away to no avail.

Viridian stepped away, thinking that he'd tormented her enough.

"Why do you need my blood?" He asked calmly which seemed to scare the blonde more.

"My Alpha, he knows something about you," she coughed.

Viridian frowned.

"What does he know?" 

"Nobody knows what that is except himself, but he needs your blood for something," she explained. 

"Where is he right now?" 

"Back home."

"I don't want to ask obvious questions, but why do you have your pack warriors stationed outside the borders?"

"For my safety," she replied.

Viridian sighed, sitting down on the couch again, twirling the sharp end of the knife on his fingers.

"Now your Alpha could've visited me himself and asked nicely if he wanted my blood, but he seems like a shady fucker if he wants someone else to do it. I want to meet him, can you get him to come here?"

"I-I can try."

"Get him to come here."

Tiserdel nodded slowly.

At this point, the rest of the boys listening in on their conversation via the transmitter were smirking to themselves, expecting Viridian to call out her bullshit.

Lyris shook his head, chuckling.

"I'll let you go but you're gonna be under surveillance until you leave our land, so get lost before I change my mind," Viridian shooed her away.

She quickly sat up, holding her neck and scampered away, scared for her life. 

In her book, Viridian was ticked off as dangerous and not to be messed with, it'll probably take time for other people to understand that.