16. Angry mates

Lyris growled lowly as soon as those words left Tiserdel's lips, and he took out a sniper from a bag near him.

"I'm sorry but we cannot let you in without a proper evidence," Rama objected, making Malek nod.

"But I do, look, he marked me," Tiserdel stepped forward to reveal her neck.

There was indeed a mark--two punctured holes.

"But how do we know it's from Viridian? Can you prove to us that?" Malek inquired.

Tiserdel sighed, shaking her head.

"Look, we are from a well established pack, and I have a letter from our Alpha requesting our entrance into your pack," she explained, holding out a letter.

Malek snatched it from her not too kindly and examined the letter, making Rama hold in a smirk.

"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," Malek spoke, handing the letter back.

Lyris was gripping the rifle too tightly that he ended up breaking it.

Viridian ended up shifting back and fully clothed with the help of the transmitter.

"Calm down," he murmured.

"I'm here for my mate, you have to let me in, please," she pleaded, but Rama and Malek were not buying anything.

"What does your mate look like?" Rama fired.

Tiserdel buffered for a second before answering.

"He's tan for a vampire, looks tall with jet black hair and dark brown eyes, and he's really good looking," she went on.

"There are a lot of people that match that description in our pack, so I'll say this nicely one last time; get out." Malek growled, extending his talons just as the two boys beside her growled.

"I'm sorry, but how useless are these two?" Rama asked, ready to rip their innards.

"Guys, hold up," Lyris muttered through the transmitter.

"What are you doing?" Viridian asked.

"Let's humor them, let them in. They probably don't know that I'm Viridian's mate, even if they do, let's act like that's not true."

"Virus, that's a bullshit idea," Viridian narrowed his eyes.

"That's a brilliant idea, they might be related to the rogue case," Lyris explained, smiling wickedly. "There are probably other wolves from their pack covering them."

Lyris felt mildly threatened, but no outsider would waltz into Hayari territory without back up, so whatever their reason maybe, it wouldn't be small to take a huge step like this. Lyris had a wide angle thinking of the entire situation, but he wasn't going to share his thoughts yet.

"Fine, makes sense," Viridian muttered.

"Malek, stall and invite them in."

"Guys, I see more wolves outside the territory," Linga uttered. "They're not alone."

Lyris smiled knowingly and Viridian rolled his eyes.

"Don't act so smug," the half vampire grunted, fighting a smile himself.

"Can we see the letter again?" Malek asked.

Tiserdel wordlessly handed over the letter.

"We cannot ignore it since your Alpha seemed to have signed this, hence we have no choice but to let you in," Rama bluffed.

Malek grunted, not hiding his dislike towards the new wolves.

Tiserdel grinned.

"When can I see my mate?"

--

Lyris was pacing back and forth in his condo, with Viridian staring at him.

"Are you seriously thinking that I might have two mates?" Viridian asked, lazily sprawled out on the couch.

"I cannot ignore that possibility Dian, you're a rarity yourself, no one has heard of a hybrid ever, yet here you are," Lyris mumbled. "What if I'm not your mate? What if you end up having two mates? What if you actually have to reject one of us? What if yo-"

Viridian chuckled, pulling his mate to a stop, making Lyris collapse on top of him on the couch.

"You think too much," Viridian murmured.

Lyris groaned, getting comfortable on top of his mate, hiding his face in Viridian's shoulder.

"I'm just worried; you're too important."

Viridian smiled down at his mate, wrapping his arms around him.

Nobody has ever made Viridian feel important in his life. Ever since he became a free ranger and wiped out an entire clan, his name spread far and wide like a forest fire. Everybody knew of him and his not-so-kind actions; people feared him.

Nobody wanted to befriend a dangerous looking vampire, not until Tolen bumped into him one day in the woods and threatened to shave his head if he didn't leave a rabbit alone. That rabbit was Viridian's lunch but he valued his hair too much. But much to his surprise, Tolen surprised him by lending him an entire week's worth of blood with his magic.

Viridian smiled fondly at the memory.

"Virus?"

"Hmm?"

"Shut up," Viridian said, grinning. "You're being stupid."

That was Viridian's way of saying that he plans on sticking around him for a long time, but fate may have other plans.

Is having two mates really that rare?